Divine Diversions In the Shadow of Angkor Wat
Globotours • Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- A Nine-Day Trip to Angkor Wat and Cambodia for One Guest ($2,299 to $2,499 Depending on Departure Dates) Including:
- Round-Trip Economy-Class Flights from LAX, SFO, JFK, IAD, or ATL on Select Dates
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation Between Airports, Hotels, and Sightseeing Destinations
- Two Nights in a Deluxe Room at Sunway Hotel or La Rose Boutique & Spa Hotel in Phnom Penh or Similar; One Night in a Deluxe Room at the Sambor Village Hotel Kompong Thom or Similar; and Four Nights in a Deluxe Room at the Khemara Angkor Hotel Siem Reap or Similar
- Daily American Buffet Breakfast
- Guided Sightseeing Tours
- All Rates Are Per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Through the early morning haze that rolls past the jungle border of the Siem Reap River, Angkor Wat rises out of the distance, a towering and sprawling mass of turrets and temple walls that can't help but inspire anything but wide-eyed reverence. And with this nine-day, seven-night Escape to Cambodia courtesy of Globotours, you'll get an insider's look into this Southeast Asian kingdom that remains, in many respects, frozen in time.
"The traveller's first glimpse of Angkor Wat, the ultimate expression of Khmer genius, is sublime and is matched by only a few select spots on earth, such as Machu Picchu or Petra," says Lonely Planet. "Thanks to a history both inspiring and depressing, Cambodia delivers an intoxicating present for adventurous visitors."
Start your sojourn with a flight from LAX, SFO, IAD, JFK, or ATL on select dates* and touch down in Phnom Penh, the "Pearl of Asia" and Cambodia's capital. All round-trip economy-class flights, round-trip ground transportation between airports, all hotels, sightseeing destinations, and daily American buffet breakfast are included for one guest based on double occupancy.
Take a tuk tuk from the airport to four-star Sunway Hotel or La Rose Boutique & Spa Hotel in Phnom Penh, where you'll settle into a deluxe room or similar accommodations within the city's upscale greenbelt, just down the block from the stunning Wat Phnom Pagoda. Make the Silver Pagoda, National Museum, the Royal Palace, and the Russian Market your next stops before a sunset cruise down the Tonle Sap and Mekong Rivers.
An asphalt road and a two-lane bridge across the Mekong carry you to Kompong Cham, which is bursting with French colonial architecture and floating villages. Wat Nokhor's 12th-century temple and modern-style pagoda are on the way to Kompong Thom, a province profuse with Angkorian religious buildings. There you'll stay in Sambor Village Hotel, which merges traditional structures with modern amenities: high-beamed ceilings, stilt bungalows, unfurling gardens, and antique basins.
Your journey takes you northeast toward Sambor Prei Kuk, passing through the ancient capital of Chenla, where you'll run across more than 100 temples intoning sentiments of Hinduism, Buddhism, and indigenous ancestor sects. Cross an ancient Naga Bridge said to connect the world of gods and men to Siem Reap where Khmer-style roofs, temple statuaries, and a garden with pears await you at Khemara Angkor Hotel.
Glimpse images of feminine dieties not oft-sculpted at Bantey Kdei. Stand on the precipice of where a temple once floated at the Lake of Srah Srang, and then tease the elusive Ta Prohm Temple from the dense clutches of the jungle before witnessing Cambodia's crown jewel: Angkor Wat, one of the world's seven wonders boasting 54 jaw-dropping towers.
*Flights Depart from LAX or SFO on March 7, 18, and 26, 2013 ($2,399), April 8 and 23, 2013 ($2,299), September 10 and 24, 2013 ($2,299) or October 9 and 22, 2013 ($2,299); or from IAD, JFK, or ATL on March 7, 18, and 26, 2013 ($2,499), April 8 and 23, 2013 ($2,399), September 10 and 24, 2013 ($2,399) or October 9 and 22, 2013 ($2,399).
"Revitalized [Angkor] is finally earning plaudits in its own right thanks to a gorgeous river-side location, a cultural renaissance, and a wining-and-dining scene to rival anywhere in the region."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by January 30, 2013
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see globotours.net/Terms.aspx
- Upon confirmation of your reservation, vouchers will be considered used and 100% non-refundable
- All rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $550 collected at booking
- All dates are subject to availability, change, holiday/seasonal supplements, blackout dates are all US holidays
- $60 per person additional for Friday through Sunday departures
- Voucher includes round-trip ground transportation between airports, hotels, and sightseeing destinations, two nights in a Deluxe Room at the Sunway Hotel or la Rose Boutique & Spa Hotel or similar, one night in a Deluxe Room at the Sambor Village Hotel Kompong Thom or similar, four nights in a Deluxe Room at the Khemara Angkor Hotel Siem Reap or similar, daily American buffet breakfast and guided sightseeing tours
- Voucher does not include passport and visa fees, Cambodia landing visa of approximately $25, meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, gratuities to drivers, local guides, and costs for anything not specified on the deal
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 5, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 5, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 5, 2013 • Enjoy By November 5, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 41% savings