Backcountry Bliss in Carrabassett Valley
Maine Huts & Trails • Kingfield, ME
- A One-Night Stay for One Guest in a Bunk Room at the Poplar Stream Falls Hut, Flagstaff Lake Hut, Stratton Brook Hut, or Grand Falls Hut, Sundays through Thursdays from Now until January 31, 2013 or Any Day of the Week in July 2013
- Full Breakfast and Dinner
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
Carrabassett Valley in Western Maine is the kind of place people visit to find themselves—and with a population of only 500 full-time residents, it's also the perfect place to disappear. A year-round recreation destination just two hours from either Portland or Bangor, this mountain town caters to outdoor purists, offering acres upon acres of untouched backcountry wilderness ideal for everything from Nordic-style skiing in the winter to fishing on Flagstaff Lake in the warmer seasons.
Named the best hut-to-hut mountain biking trip for families by Outside, Maine Huts & Trails comprises four full-service lodges along 45 miles of wooded corridors. Sprawl out beside the picturesque falls at the Poplar Stream Falls Hut; explore what Yankee calls Maine's "Best Lake Lodging" at Flagstaff Lake Hut; drift into total isolation at the remote Grand Falls Hut; or drink in spectacular views from the newest lodging, Stratton Brook Hut. All provide soft foam mattresses, cozy blankets, and library areas with books and games, not to mention hot showers, radiant heat, and electricity generated from alternative energy sources. Included home-cooked breakfasts and dinners are served family style.
Lush surroundings provide fun for outdoor enthusiasts of all levels. The trails of Carrabassett Valley, Maine, are ideal for mountain biking, climbing, wildlife viewing, fishing, and paddle sports. You can cruise down dirt roads or glide across Flagstaff Lake, before going on a leisurely hike beneath the pines. In the winter, alpine skiing along the wide, open slopes of Sugarloaf Mountain or Nordic-style skiing through the valley are the best ways to access the landscape, while those looking for a little indoor recreation can get a foothold at the Anti Gravity Center's climbing wall and indoor skate park.
"Hut is a misnomer when it comes to this cozy, wood-paneled outpost... Picture a main lodge with an atrium ceiling, a woodstove, and a library off to the side. The whole compound is perched on a peninsula jutting into 31-square-mile Flagstaff Lake."-- Outside
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel Sundays-Thursdays until 1/31/13 and all days of the week 7/1/13– 7/31/13
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Rates are based on single occupancy
- Voucher not valid for private rooms
- Lunch available for purchase and beer and wine are available for purchase in huts
- Choose from one of the following huts Stratton Brook Hut, Flagstaff Lake Hut, Poplar Stream Hut, and Grand Falls Hut; or combine multiple vouchers to stay at all four
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 31, 2013 • Enjoy By July 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings