Idyllic Romance in Carmel-by-the-Sea
The Vagabond's House • Carmel, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($419) or Fridays and Saturdays ($479)
- Daily Breakfast Delivered to Your Room
- Wine and Cheese Each Afternoon
- $60 Spa Credit Per Person
- Bottle of Red or White Wine from the Central Coast
- Wine Tasting Passes to Six Local Wineries
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
Carmel, on the southern edge of the Monterey Peninsula, got its sea legs as a retreat for painters, poets, actors, and other artists seeking inspiration by the sea. And inspiration they got: Ancient-looking cypress trees stand atop sheer cliffs that plunge into the ocean, with red-and-green bluffs overlooking sprawling swaths of perfect beach punctuated by fluttering kites and bounding dogs. Add a glass or two of local wine to the mix, and it's easy to see why Carmel has played muse to many since the early 1900s.
Another source of inspiration in this 100-year-old town: The Vagabond's House, a romantic English Tudor-style country bed and breakfast situated downtown. It's ranked number one on TripAdvisor, and for good reason. You'll be greeted by a cobblestone courtyard, with a centuries-old oak tree and a trickling waterfall at its center, and verdant ferns and flowers all around. Inside, the immaculately maintained inn is appointed with a baby-grand piano, posh period furnishings, local artwork, and rich hardwood floors. Rooms are much the same and are outfitted with plush beds, fireplaces, and vintage work desks. Some even feature kitchens or kitchenettes, and all come equipped with cable TV and wireless Internet.
Wake up to breakfast in bed (or in the courtyard, if you prefer), which includes fresh fruit, juices, hot beverage, cereals, yogurts, eggs, French pastry, bagels, and toast. It's the perfect beginning to a day spent among the various tasting rooms in the region—Scheid Vineyards, Heller Estate, Tudor Wines, and Talbott Vineyards, among others.
For picturesque ocean views and a bit of Carmel history, hop onto Scenic Road, which winds its way through town and past a number of noteworthy homes, including a Frank Lloyd Wright house built in 1948. For a taste of the town's roots, head to the Carmel Art Association, where several galleries are filled with works by more than 120 local artists.
"The Vagabond's House was absolutely the perfect choice in the perfect location. Our room was spacious and included a window seat and fireplace, and the breakfasts each morning included fresh fruit as well as our personal selections."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; not valid on existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes not included; collected at property
- Based on double occupancy
- Additional guest fee of $30/night/person when more than 2 guests in room (children under 12, no additional charge)
- Blackout Dates: 2/5-2/10, 2/15-2/20
- Pets welcome for an additional $30/night/pet; please let inn know at time of reservation if you are bringing a pet
- Vouchers include Daily Breakfast Delivered to Your Room, Wine and Cheese Each Afternoon, $60 Spa Credit Per Person, Bottle of Red or White Wine from the Central Coast, and Wine Tasting Passes to Six Local Wineries
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 15, 2013 • Enjoy By April 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings