Touching the Taj Inside India
Encounters Travel • New Delhi, India
- A Ten-Day Trip to India for One Guest on Select Dates, Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from Newark to Delhi
- All Hotel Accommodations Indicated on Itinerary
- Eight Breakfasts and Two Dinners
- All Transports and 24-Hour Airport Arrival-and-Departure Services
- Local English-Speaking Tour Guides and Sightseeing Tours and Activities Listed in the Itinerary
- Rate is Per Person Based on Double Occupancy; Single Occupancy Requires an Additional Fee
In Delhi, denim-clad teenagers skip about the streets with cell phones plastered to their ears listening to the latest Bollywood track. Mere miles away on the slopes of a nearby rural village, cows move freely down dirt roads past women in saris preparing midday meals by hand. This is India: a contradiction in culture, in time, and in history, and one of the few places on earth where historical change unfolds in real time before your eyes.
Escape to this eons-old civilization that stands teetering on the edge of an illustrious past and an ever-promising future with this ten-day trip inside India from Encounters Travel.
Day 1: Take an overnight flight from Newark to Delhi (alternative departure airports are available on request).
Day 2: Arrive in Delhi where guides will greet you and ensure your transfer to the five-star Hilton Janakpuri Hotel. Local representatives will walk you through the itinerary with an orientation and introduce you to your surroundings.
Day 3: Take the full day to explore India's capital. Enjoy a cycle rickshaw ride through the intricate and chaotic streets around Old Delhi and visit the Jama Masjid mosque. Visit to Mahatma Gandhi's cremation ground and be treated to a welcome dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 4: Your journey continues to Agra. Visit Akbar's Tomb at Sikandra en-route before indulging in the day's highlight: a full sightseeing tour of the Taj Mahal at sunset, topped off with an evening Tonga-style chariot ride. Stay at the five-star Radisson Blu Hotel Agra Taj East Gate Road.
Day 5: Travel to Jaipur. Explore the well-preserved abandoned city of Fatehpur Sikri before taking a cycle rickshaw ride through Keoladeo National Park for a taste of rural India. End the evening at Dera Amer with an optional elephant ride and delicious dinner before passing the night at the heritage Shahpura House.
Day 6: Experience the regal trappings of the Amber Palace and take an elephant ride up to the ramparts. The afternoon is yours to do as you please: Take a kite-flying lesson, visit a craft market for food shopping and tasting, or take in a Bollywood movie.
Day 7: Get to know Jaipur in depth. Take in the Palace of the Winds, the Jantar Mantar Observatory, the City Palace, and local temples. Then, use more of your free time for a chance to visit the Chowki Dhani village in the evening to learn more about traditional Rajasthani culture and crafts as well as taste some delicious regional cuisine.
Day 8: Stick your toes in the semi-desert sands of the Shekhawati region, whose colourfully painted Havellis boast frescoes of animals and mythology. Spend the night in another of Rajasthan's famous heritage hotels.
Day 9: Travel back to Delhi and check in to the Hilton. The rest of the day is yours to check off more city sights you may have missed the first time around.
Day 10: You'll be driven to the airport to catch your return flight home to Newark.
Departure dates in 2013: March 29; April 12, 19, and 26; and May 3, 10, 17, and 24
"India bristles with an eclectic melange of ethnic groups; an intoxicating cultural cocktail for the traveller. With such astonishing diversity, you will be taken on a journey that will linger in your mind long after you’ve left her shores."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Vouchers must be redeemed by February 6 to guarantee promotional price. If vouchers are not redeemed by this date a supplement may be charged to cover higher flight costs
- Voucher includes all transport and transfers including local English-speaking tour leaders, tours and activities as detailed in the itinerary, eight breakfasts, two dinners, all hotel accommodations indicated on itinerary, airline tax and fuel surcharges
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name(s) exactly as given on your passport(s)
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single Supplement prices are $620 for departures on March 29 and April 12; all other departure dates and a single supplement rate of $470
- Based on double or twin occupancy; you may share with other people of the same sex booking onto the tour
- Single travelers may choose to pay a single room supplement to guarantee themselves a single room throughout the tour. Alternatively, you may choose to share a twin room with another traveler of the same sex. If there are no other single travelers available to pair up with at the time of booking, then you will need to pay the single room supplement. Encounters Travel will refund this later if they are able to pair people together. Room shares are arranged in order of voucher redemption Travel insurance covering medical costs and repatriation for medical reasons is mandatory; policy details must be provided to Encounter Travels at least 1 month before departure (policy number, name of the issuing company, and the policy emergency contact details); travel insurance covering cancellation and baggage is recommended but not mandatory. A comprehensive policy is available from Encounters Travel for $80 per person; view all details at www.encounterstravel.com/travel_insurance.php
- Voucher does not include visa fees (required for US citizens and the responsibility of the traveler to arrange), travel insurance (compulsory, available on request for $80), meals not indicated in the itinerary, entrance fees to sites visited (approx. $58), drinks, snacks, gratuities and other personal expenses
- The deal is based on using group flights with United from Newark (EWR). Alternative airlines may be used if a minimum of 10 travelers is not reached on each date. These may include a stop-over en-route. Other departure airports are available but may be subject to an extra fee depending on available flight fares at the time of booking
- Minimum group size is 6 traveler. If this minimum number is not reached then provided at least 2 people are traveling then the tour will still run on an identical itinerary and with the same accommodation, but a driver will be used in partnership with specialist local site guides
- Hotels are subject to change to based on availability
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 15, 2013 • Enjoy By April 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 30% savings