Off The Grid and into Paradise
Cotton Tree Lodge • Toledo, Belize
- A Four- ($469) or Seven-Night ($699) Stay for Two in a Garden Vista Room Any Time Excluding March 30, 2013 through April 6, 2013
- Or, a Four- ($629) or Seven-Night ($859) Stay for Two in a Garden Vista Room From March 30, 2013 through April 6, 2013
- Daily Breakfast
- One Tour for Two
- Round-Trip Transfers between Punta Gorda and Cotton Tree Lodge Via Boat and Road
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to 21 Days
Like blending cacao into chocolate, the Toledo District of southern Belize melts Mayan ancestry with the Garinagu, Mestizo, Creoles, East Indian, Chinese, and Mennonite traditions. The mix lends a curious and charismatic character to this unassuming Mayan village of San Felipe. Largely off the grid—many parts of town rely on solar power for a majority of electricity—and out of the sight lines of traditional tourists, this relatively untouched tropical paradise promises visitors what often proves elusive on vacation—a true Escape.
Most accessible by boat (though road travel is available also), Cotton Tree Lodge takes you out of the ordinary an into your own private paradise. Guest rooms lie on the bank of the Moho River and feature private balconies, private baths, ceiling fans, louvered shutters, hand-woven Mayan textiles, and plenty of purified drinking water.
Wake to the song of toucans, yellow-backed orioles, and red-vented woodpeckers as you enjoy a daily breakfast of Belizean and American favorites with fresh tropical fruit—the on-site organic garden and orchard as well as local farmers supply the ingredients. Cotton Tree's 100 private acres are ideal for medicinal plant walks, tracking tart cacao, and taking to the trails by bike or horseback. Lapse into bliss on the floating dock, kayak on the Mojo River, or sink into a hammock-fueled repose, falling asleep to the sound of howler monkeys.
Local guides fluent in English and Mayan dialects quickly turn the Toledo District into your second home. Get caught up in Garifuna drumming grooves as you tour living Mayan villages and encounter remarkable stonework at ruins like Lubaantun. Hike and swim Blue Creek Cave, a gateway to the Mayan underworld. Leap from the Rio Blanco Waterfalls or let your senses plunge on a Mayan chocolate making excursion. Snorkel Snake Caye or strap on your scuba gear to explore the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef—the second largest in the world.
"Opened in late 2006, [the lodge] sits beside the Moho River about 15 miles from Punta Gorda. Guests are usually brought in by boat (though you can also come by road) and stay in one of the thatch cabañas sitting among wild fig trees along the [river]."-- Read Fodor's Review of Cotton Tree Lodge
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 3 vouchers can be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; all cancellations subject to $100 fee anything prior to 60 days will also include a fee up to 25% of LivingSocial offer price, 30 days or less will also include a fee up to the LivingSocial offer price
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Airfare not included;Reservations reqd subj to availability;Offer may be combined to extend stay
- Taxes and service charge totaling 21% are not included and will be collected at booking
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 15, 2013 • Enjoy By July 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 61% savings