Paradise on the Pacific in Beautiful Bali
Globotours • Bali, Indonesia
- An 11-Day Trip to Bali, Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from Los Angeles ($2,199 per Person) or Washington, Chicago, or Houston ($2,399 per Person)
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airports to Hotels and Sightseeing Destinations
- Four Nights of Double-Occupancy Accommodations in a Superior Room at Alila Ubud Resort
- Four Nights of Double-Occupancy Accommodations in a Superior Room at Alila Manggis Resort
- Daily American Breakfast and Afternoon Tea
- Full-Day Art and Nature Tour
- Weekly Schedule of Tai Chi or Yoga Classes, Use of Mountain Bikes, Balinese Dance Classes in Ubud, and Internet Access Throughout
- US Departure Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Service Charges Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Many world travelers regard Bali as the Holy Grail of exotic destinations—the Indonesian island charms all who visit with an intoxicating cocktail of jaw-dropping natural beauty and ritual spirituality. Though petite, this Pacific isle nonetheless explodes with cosmopolitan verve in cities like Kuta and Ubud, while the undeveloped areas to the east teem with tangled bamboo forests in a kaleidoscope of greens. Among the many reasons to visit, the Balinese culture exudes a mystical serenity in its unwavering commitment to ancient ceremony and mesmerizing dance.
You can see both sides of Bali's spirit on this 11-day Escape courtesy of Globotours.
Days 1 and 2: Take off on an overnight flight from the US to Bali. Crossing the International Date Line means you'll lose a calendar day, but get it back on your return trip.
Day 3: Arrive in Bali, where you'll be transferred to the Alila Ubud resort for a four-night stay.
Day 4: Wake for a full-day art and nature tour beginning with a stop in Batubalan village to watch the traditional Barong Dance, which tells the story of a mythical battle representing the struggle between good and evil. Then it's off to Celuk, a hub of gold and silver jewelry making, and the woodcarving village of Mas, where artisans create intricate designs by chipping into blocks of wood. You'll also visit workshops and galleries at Ubud, the artistic heart of Bali.
Next, you'll tour the neighboring Elephant Cave (Goa Gajah), one of Bali's most historically significant sites. The facade of this ninth-century sanctuary is carved with creatures and demons, and you'll enter the cave through one of the mystical mouths. The tour then brings you to the cool mountains of Kintamani. Admire Mount Batur—with ribbons of black lava running down its peak into the valley below—and the shimmering lake of Batur. When you return to the city, you'll stop at the holy springs, believed to possess magical curative powers.
Days 5 and 6: No planned activities means you're free to spend the days in Ubud as you please.
Days 7 to 10: You'll transfer east to the Alila Manggis resort near Candidasa. Your four days and nights here are free for you to spend at your leisure.
Day 11: Depart the resort and head to the airport to catch your return flight to the US.
"Idyllic Bali is both a physical paradise and a place of almost mystic spirituality. The Balinese have managed to preserve a native optimism and sense of sanctity about their rich culture. Simply put, Bali is one of the most beautiful places on earth."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Last day you can start travel is April 21, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by February 13, 2013
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see globotours.net/Terms.aspx
- Upon confirmation of your reservation, vouchers will be considered used and 100% non-refundable
- All prices are based on departures Monday-Thursday
- Departures from Los Angeles and Houston are via Singapore Airlines and have a surcharge of $60 per ticket
- Departure from Chicago and Washington DC are via Korean Air and have a surcharge of $110 per ticket
- All rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $690 collected at booking
- All dates are subject to availability, change, holiday/seasonal supplements, blackout dates are all US holidays
- $60 per person additional for Friday through Sunday departures
- Rates for extra nights is available upon request
- Voucher includes four nights of double-occupancy accommodations in a Superior Room at Alila Ubud Resort, four nights of double-occupancy accommodations in a Superior Room at Alila Manggis Resort, daily American breakfast and afternoon tea, full-day Art and Nature Tour, complimentary Balinese dance classes in Ubud, air taxes and fuel surcharges
- Voucher does not include passport and visa fees, Bali landing visa fee of approximately $25 per person and local departure tax (payable in rupiah only) of 150,000 IDR (approx. $17) per person payable on departure at the airport. All passengers must have a passport valid for a minimum of 6 months beyond the completion of travel, meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, gratuities to drivers, local guides, and costs for anything not specified on the deal
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 21, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 21, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 21, 2013 • Enjoy By April 21, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 39% savings