Colonial Charm off Chesapeake Bay
Elk Forge Bed and Breakfast Inn and Retreat • Elkton, MD
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in One of Six Guest Rooms, Sundays through Thursdays ($139) or Fridays and Saturdays ($197)
- Or, a Two-night Stay for Two in One of Five Suites, Sundays through Thursdays ($219) or Fridays and Saturdays ($285)
- Daily Gourmet Breakfast for Two
- 20% Off Spa Services
- 15% Off Bunbury's Tea Room and Shop at Elk Forge
Once the gritty center of an industrial milling operation—and the site of a few skirmishes between colonists and redcoats—the Elk Forge Bed and Breakfast Inn and Retreat, in Elkton, Maryland, is now the region's most charming, upscale property. Set on five acres of beautiful woods, nature trails, and scenic gardens, this historic retreat just an hour from Baltimore makes the perfect venue for a quick getaway.
The restored 18th century property features six themed rooms—the Chesapeake, Wilmington, Elkton, Fair Hill, Baltimore, and Lancaster. Most feature whirlpools, and all are equipped with cozy fireplaces and daydream-worthy beds. Or, unwind in one of five suites—the Country Club, Valley Forge, Coach Carriage, Surrey Carriage, or Brandywine. All are appointed with a sitting room with mahogany furniture, a whirlpool, and a fireplace, and some are equipped with two bedrooms and a full kitchen. Some suites are also pet-friendly. After a breakfast of Belgian waffles, fresh fruit, pastries, and yogurt, explore the inn's nature conservatory, then hike the lush country trails that surround the property.
With your 20-percent discount on spa services, book a Togetherness Massage for two, or purify your pores with a Lavender Flower body polish. Once you've been thoroughly refreshed, lie back in the outdoor hot tub, which is open year-round. Then head for Bunbury's Tea Room & Shop at Elk Forge to shop for baked goods, teas, and other items.
Take a drive to nearby Lancaster County to experience Pennsylvania Dutch Country the way the locals do: on a horse and buggy. Be sure to savor authentic Dutch cuisine, like baked country ham and pepper cabbage, at Good 'N Plenty Restaurant. Or, keep it local with a trip to Chesapeake City, just ten miles south. This one-horse town on the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal claims a spot on the National Register of Historic Places for its Victorian charm, antiques shops, and art galleries.
"The house and grounds were incredible—it was like stepping back into Victorian times—and we found the staff friendly and knowledgeable of the rich history of the property and surrounding area."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Up to three (3) vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- 25% off any additional nights booked at time of reservation to extend stay; please inquire with merchant at time of reservation
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Must be 21 years older to purchase and check-in; valid ID required and must match name on voucher and reservation
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout date(s): February 14-16, 2013; May 24-25, 2013
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Includes 20% off any spa services at the Spa-in-the-Garden at Elk Forge, complementary gourmet breakfast each morning, 15% off at Bunbury's Tea Room and Shop at Elk Forge
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2013 • Enjoy By May 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings