Luxury Meets Nature in Big Sur
Ventana Inn & Spa • Big Sur, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Big Sur Suite or Pacific House Room
Even in California, home of awe-inspiring redwood forests and some of the world's best surf breaks, there is perhaps no place as special as Big Sur. Beginning just south of the Monterey Peninsula and stretching 90 miles past verdant bluffs and rocky promontories, hidden hot springs and vacant beaches, this scarcely populated region on the Central Coast has been the subject of more than a few books, and plays host to some of the country's preeminent wellness retreats. It's a place beloved by honeymooners, outdoorsmen, and peace-seekers alike, with nary a neon sign to disrupt the mind-easing serenity that has drawn people here for centuries.
Your window unto this magical world? The aptly named Ventana Inn & Spa, an award-winning hotel that's found its way onto best-of lists since it opened more than 30 years ago ("Top 10 Romantic Hotels," "Top 20 U.S. Hideaways"). This opulent hillside retreat overlooks the oft-rhapsodized coast below, with hammocks and two pools dotting its 243 acres, and while the property's rustic wood-and-glass structures blend tastefully with their natural surroundings, they belie the utter luxury that awaits inside.
The large 619-square-foot Big Sur Suites are appointed with a king-size four-poster bed, a sitting area with wood-burning fireplace, a dining nook, a wet bar, and a spacious bathroom with soaking tub and double-vanity sinks. The highlight, however, is the suite's private 300-square-foot deck, which looks out onto the colorful flower gardens that adorn the property. Pacific House Rooms are much the same, only slightly larger with vaulted ceilings and a private hot tub on the deck.
Mealtime finds guests (many of whom come from miles away simply for a drink) on the patio overlooking the coast, nibbling on house-made hummus with olives and sipping Central Coast wines. A casual menu of specialty tacos, all-natural burgers, and salads greets guests at lunch, while a decidedly upscale menu—pan-seared smoked California sturgeon cake with salmon caviar, anyone?—makes its rounds by night. Much of the produce and herbs are sourced right there at the on-site organic garden.
Before you leave, be sure to reserve a massage—which is offered in the spa, in your room, or on your deck—or another treatment, such as a facial or a seaweed wrap. The spa incorporates many of the natural elements found in Big Sur, like eucalyptus and lavender, in the variety of rejuvenating treatments on offer.
"This is one of the best retreats in the area, if not the state."-- Frommer's
the fine print
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; must be 21 or over to check-in
- Reservation Name must match the name on the traveler's photo identification, which must be presented at check-in. Bookings are non-transferrable.
- Escapes Bookings are only valid for the date(s) purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates; Escapes Bookings are subject to forfeiture
- Escapes Bookings expire on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email. You must redeem your Escapes Booking on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email.
- No refunds allowed
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Not valid towards group stays
- Escapes Bookings must be used in a single visit and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
- Based upon double occupancy
- Children are not allowed at the resort
- Lodging taxes and $30 per day resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the hotel property are not included
- Other standard terms and conditions may apply; visit www.livingsocial.com/terms for more information
- Other conditions apply
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
from $0* /night
detailsThis suite features a king-size, four-poster bed, cozy seating area in front of the wood burning fireplace, dining alcove, wet bar and large bathroom with oversize soaking tub for two, double vanity sinks, separate shower and dressing area. The 300 square-foot deck provides ocean or forest canyon views. This suite is 619 square feet in size. Max Occupancy: 1room rates from $big sur suite$ $542 avg/night
detailsThis luxurious room features a king-size poster bed, wood-burning fireplace, vaulted ceilings, skylights, large bathroom with glass windows that open for fresh air, oversize soaking tub for two, double vanity sinks and separate shower. The 227 square-foot deck has a private hot tub and distant ocean views. This room is 634 square feet in size. Max Occupancy: 1room rates from $pacific room$ $726 avg/night
(includes taxes and fees)