Coastal Bliss on the Fleurieu Peninsula
Goolwa Riverport Motel • Goolwa, SA
- Two nights for two in an ensuite Double Room at the Goolwa Riverport Motel in Goolwa, SA ($149, value $310)
- Bottle of wine on arrival
- Late 12pm check-out
- Just a one-hour drive from Adelaide, 20km from Victor Harbor and five minutes from Encounter Bay
- Walking distance to the mighty Murray River
- Explore the fabulous Fleurieu Peninsula
- Upgrade to the Executive Spa Suite for an extra $10 per person per night
- Upgrade to a Family Room and bring an extra two people at $10 per person per night
For those unfamiliar with the historic river port of Goolwa, we bet you didn't know that over 176 years ago, the land where this little slice of South Australian history sits, was once briefly considered for the colonial capital. However, due to its geographical positioning where the mighty Murray meets the Great Australian Bight, the rough, tumultuous waters put planning for any kind of substantial harbour out of the question.
Thank your lucky stars then, for these days, Goolwa has become somewhat of a haven for city dwellers and tourists alike, eager to experience the rejuvenating powers of green hills, ancient cliff tops, stretching beaches and coves that abound close to this elbow shaped end of the river, named as such in Nharrindjeri (the local Aboriginal language), on the stunning Fleurieu Peninsula.
From the Goolwa Riverport Motel, surrounded by shaded lawns and grounds, you're in a prime position to escape the everyday rigours of working life. Only five minutes away are the beaches of Encounter Bay, or take a quick five-minute drive into town and across the Hindmarsh Island Bridge to marvel at the mouth of the Murray River, Australia's longest at 2,375km in length.
The Fleurieu Peninsula itself is by far a must-explore area with four distinct wine regions including the iconic McLaren Vale, the booming natural beauty of the Deep Creek Conservation Park (about a one-hour drive away) and Victor Harbor just 20km away, to name a few. Ensure to introduce yourself to local wildlife including emus, kangaroos, dolphins, whales, exotic birds and the world's smallest and arguably cutest penguins.
But of course, a getaway means you can do as much or as little as possible, so there's no reason you can't while away the hours fishing by the river bank, enjoying a round of golf, taking a leisurely cruise over to Kangaroo Island or wander through the town, enjoying local cuisine and a schooner or wine, or two. Goolwa Riverport Motel also offers a swimming pool, tennis/volleyball courts and an a la carte restaurant for your dining pleasure.
For more information on what's on offer, take a look here, otherwise, if you're searching for two nights of simplicity, seclusion and sweet serenity, Goolwa is no doubt a deserving destination. Bid farewell to hustle and bustle and say hello to where peace meets quiet and where river meets ocean at this South Australian coastal gem.
Peaceful and quiet weekend escape-- TripAdvisor
14 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 14 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Purchase unlimited vouchers
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid based on double occupancy
- Up to 2 additional guests are welcome for $10 per night
- Upgrades to the Executive Spa Suite are available for $20 per night
- Not valid for existing or group reservations
- Reservations are required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 12, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 12, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 12, 2013 • Enjoy By August 12, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 52% savings