Explore the Romantic Brecon Beacons
Ty Newydd Country Hotel • Aberdare, United Kingdom
- Overnight (£54) or Two-Night (£94) Stay for Two
- Daily Breakfast
- Cream Tea for Two with Scones, Welsh Cakes, and Bara Brith
Across the wilderness of the Brecon Beacons, a young girl falls in love with a dashing local servant from Ty Newydd farm. Alas, she marries another man and her beloved sweetheart is whisked off to war, never to return. Tragic, but be reassured that this is only the stuff of legend and folk song, and an Escape with Ty Newydd Country Hotel is the real love story to be told.
On the site of the former farm, the country house was re-built in 1930s, shedding those tales of heartbreak in favour of home comforts, raging log fires, and landscaped gardens hugged by the vivid green of the South Wales Valleys. Let us embrace your expectations with an overnight stay for £54 (up to a £138 value), or a two-night affair for £94 (up to a £263 value).
Savour a full breakfast each morning, where the swirling scents of locally sourced meat, eggs, and vegetables will intoxicate your senses. You can also indulge in a bit of Welsh crumpet, toasted with hot butter, or a range of cereals, pastries, and fruits. You'll also discover a cream tea that comes hand-in-hand with this Escape, offering your choice of tea or coffee followed by scones with strawberry jam and cream; Welsh cakes and traditional 'Bara brith' bread, stuffed with dried fruit and candied peel. A three-course dinner is also available for £20 per person if booked when making your reservation.
If you too want to go on the scent of adventures in the far and beyond, then take a trip to neighbouring Caerphilly Castle, Britain's second largest castle. Equally if you're looking for a kindred spirit, why not head to the Penderyn Distillery and shack up with some single malt Welsh Whisky.
This Escape is for two people. Stays on a Saturday night are subject to £20 supplement.
"Enjoy the resident's bar with three-quarter height oak panelling and resident's lounge with an open fireplace and adjoining library."-- Where's Best?
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation - bookings must be made within 30 days of purchasing voucher
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by August 19, 2013
- Voucher non refundable or transferable once booking confirmed
- Saturday night bookings subject to a £20.00 surcharge per room
- Option B: must be used over consecutive nights
- Children can stay in the room with a cot for free. Additional bed in room incurs a £20 additional surcharge
- Deal based on double occupancy in deluxe/superior room; room booked on best available basis and superior rooms are available on a first come first served basis
- 3 course meal available for £20 per person if booked at the time of making reservation
- Voucher includes daily breakfast and cream tea for two with scones, welsh cakes, and bara brith on arrival
- Cream teas available from 12:00 – 16:00 Monday - Saturday and from 15:00 – 18:00 on Sunday
- Cream tea can be upgraded to afternoon tea for £4 per person, payable on ordering
- Midday check in (usually 3pm) and midday check out (usually 10am) available for £10 supplement per room
- No pets allowed
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01685 813 433 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 19, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 19, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 19, 2013 • Enjoy By August 19, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 61% savings