Past and Present in Beijing and Hong Kong
Rewards Travel China • Beijing, China
- An Eight-Day Tour of Beijing and Hong Kong ($1,699 to $1,899 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle-Tacoma, or Vancouver to Beijing via Hainan Airlines
- Round-Trip Domestic Flights from Beijing to Hong Kong
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airports to Hotels and Sightseeing Destinations
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Pullman Beijing West Wanda and Three Nights at Metropark Hotel Kowloon Hong Kong
- Three Breakfasts, Two Lunches, and Two Dinners
- Sightseeing in Beijing and Hong Kong with Professional English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Admission Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
With more than 5,000 years of history, 3.7 million square miles of land, and one billion people, China is a difficult country to summarize. Still, there's no better place to start than its capital city: Beijing. Here, travelers can see the past reflected in the stony towers of the Great Wall of China, or catch a glimpse of the future in the space-age architecture of the Beijing National Stadium, the site of the 2008 Summer Olympics. From strolling the open expanses of the Forbidden City to watching giant pandas roll in the snow at the Beijing Zoo, new experiences are in endless supply.
South of Beijing by 1,220 miles, Hong Kong is a densely populated metropolis and one of the world's primary financial hubs. More than 150 years of British colonial rule ended in 1997, but Western influence lives on in its common law constitution and thoroughly capitalist instincts. Imagine if the neon signs, snarled traffic, and frenzied pace of Times Square were replicated on every street corner—that's Hong Kong at first glance. But look closer and you'll find an elegantly organized and culturally nuanced society that makes this city one of the most exhilarating places on earth.
See the China of antiquity and today with this eight-day tour of Beijing and Hong Kong, courtesy of Rewards Travel China.*
Day 1: Board your overnight flight from the US to Beijing. You'll lose a calendar day crossing the International Date Line, but get it back on your return flight.
Day 2: Touch down in Beijing, where a Rewards Travel China representative will meet you for the transfer to the Pullman Beijing West Wanda—your posh digs for the next three nights.
Day 3: After breakfast in the morning, you'll head out to tour Beijing's historic sites. On the dockett for the day are visits to the Forbidden City, Tianamen Square, the Summer Palace, and the Pearl Factory, punctuated by midday lunch. You'll also tour the hutong—tight alleys running between traditional courtyard homes—of old Beijing by rickshaw. A welcome dinner of traditional Chinese cuisine is served at the century-old Quanjude Restaurant.
Day 4: Start with breakfast, then set out to explore the 2008 Summer Olympics venues, including the Bird's Nest and the Water Cube. Next, it's off to the Bona Jade Store to browse hand-carved jade souvenirs before making your way to see the Great Wall of China, one of the original seven wonders of the world. Lunch and dinner are also provided along the way.
Day 5: In store for your last morning in Beijing is breakfast followed by a trip to the Temple of Heaven. Board an afternoon flight to Hong Kong, where you'll lodge at the Metropark Hotel Kowloon for three evenings.
Day 6: A half-day tour of Hong Kong includes stops at Victoria Peak and Stanley Market as well as one of the city's famed jewelry factories. You'll also take a sampan boat through the floating Aberdeen Fishing Village.
Day 7: After four solid days of scheduled activities, you'll have a day at leisure to explore Hong Kong or relax as you please.
Day 8: Catch a transfer to the Hong Kong Airport and fly back to Beijing, where you'll board an overnight plane back to the US.
Departure dates: March 27 ($1,699 per person); April 3, April 16, September 25, October 8, October 30, November 6, November 20, or November 27 ($1,899 per person)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
"Frank and uncomplicated, Beijing’s denizens chat in Běijīnghuà—the gold standard of Mandarin—and marvel at their good fortune for occupying the center of the known world. For all its diligence and gusto, Beijing dispenses with the persistent pace."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers include Round-Trip International Flights from San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle-Tacoma, or Vancouver to Beijing via Hainan Airlines, Round-Trip Domestic Flights from Beijing to Hong Kong, Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airports to Hotels and Sightseeing Destinations, Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Pullman Beijing West Wanda and Three Nights at Metropark Hotel Kowloon Hong Kong, Three Breakfasts, Two Lunches, and Two Dinners Sightseeing in Beijing and Hong Kong with Professional English-Speaking Tour Guide
- There is an optional one-day Maccau tour for an additional USD $110 per person
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; not valid on group or existing reservations
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $380 per person and this must be confirmed at booking
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- Voucher includes 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, two dinners, an English-speaking guides throughout, tours, transfers, admission fees
- Flights can depart from one of the following airports: LAX, SFO, SEA ,YVR & SAN to Beijing with China Hainan airline
- For Canadians & U.S passport holders, no Chinese visa is required for this specific tour program; (For other nationalities, please call Rewards Travel China directly at 877-618-3886 to verify if you qualify for the free visa). Please confirm all Visa needs with your local Visa offices
- Hotel is based on double occupancy
- Nights must be used consecutively
- Airport taxes and fees included
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 15, 2013 • Enjoy By December 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 45% savings