A Decadent Retreat to Bordeaux Wine Country
Le Domaine de Valmont • Barsac, France
- Two-Night Stay for Two in a Double Room
- Daily Breakfast
- Dinner with Wine for Two on One Evening
- VIP Welcome with Bottle of Wine and Foie Gras
- Chateau Visit with Wine Tasting for Two
Ready for a break that really lets you breathe? Well, just allow yourself to quietly pour over this awhile: an Escape for two people to Le Domaine de Valmont, deep in the heart of Bordeaux wine country, to sample some of the region's vino. A two-night package is just £165 (up to a £361 value).
You'll find yourself easily sipping into the mood on arrival, as you're presented with a gift of a bottle of wine and foie gras, and ponder over which of the many local châteaux you'll visit for your complimentary wine tasting. You'll enjoy an excellent yield: king-size beds in airy, clean-lined, white-walled rooms, all including mini-bar, TV, private bathroom, and free Wi-Fi.
Let's decant outside—after breakfast, you'll be set to explore the immediate surrounds of the Sauternes appellation, famed for sweet, delicate dessert wine. You will visit one of several local châteaux; Château Gravas, Château Jouvente, Château La Bouade, or Château Rolland, each with their own distinctive style and setting and a guided wine tasting. The restaurant is rather aromatic, too, serving up regional cuisine on request, and one on evening you'll receive dinner with wine each.
Do be sure to reserve a car at the airport, though, for the surrounding Graves subregion is the only one famed for all three of Bordeaux's main wine types: red and dry white, as well as sweet. This is the birthplace of claret, after all. Bordeaux city is only 30 kilometres away, on the UNESCO World Heritage List as home to one of Europe's largest 18th-century architectural urban areas, including the Grand Théâtre, one of the oldest wooden frame opera houses.
"Alain Juppé roused this graceful city, pedestrianising its boulevards, restoring its neoclassical architecture, and implementing a high-tech public transport system."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Flights and transfers not included
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed before 15 July, 2013
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid 23 March or 31 March - 6 April 2013
- Deal based on double occupancy in a standard room
- Voucher includes breakfast, dinner with wine on one evening, VIP welcome (bottle of wine and foie gras) and chateau visit with wine tasting
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly within 7 days of voucher-issue. If the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Please contact 00335 5627 0269 or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to purchase for further information if required
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 15, 2013 • Enjoy By July 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 54% savings