Polynesia: A Strand of Pearls in the South Pacific
Travelscene • Tahiti, French Polynesia
- A Six-Day Trip to the Tahitian Islands from April 1 through May 27, Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from the US to Papeete via Air Tahiti Nui
- Round-Trip Domestic Flights from Papeete to Raiatea via Air Tahiti
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Hotels with Baggage Handling
- One Night of Double-Occupancy Accommodations in a Garden-View Room at InterContinental Tahiti Resort with Complimentary Upgrade to a Lagoon-View Room Based on Availability
- Four Nights of Double-Occupancy Accommodations in a Taha'a Overwater Suite at Le Taha'a Island Resort & Spa
- Daily American Breakfast, Welcome Cocktail on Arrival at Each Resort, and One Romantic Three-Course Dinner at Le Vanille Restaurant at Le Taha'a Island Resort & Spa
- Welcome Flower Lei on Arrival and Shell Lei at Departure
- Air Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Hotel Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Tahiti—a beacon of Polynesian culture and tropical beauty—is the lustrous pearl of the South Pacific. According to native legend, Tahitian pearls were the first lights to flicker across the universe. Given by the Creator to Tane (god of harmony and beauty), these pitch-black orbs illuminated the vaults of heaven and birthed the stars. And while Tahiti may get the lion's share of attention, the other islands of the archipelago shine just as brightly.
"Shamelessly chic and seductive, it's the kind of place where the rich and famous come to play and hedonistic honeymoon fantasies are realized," says Lonely Planet of French Polynesia. "The epitome of the Pacific dream, this is one Garden of Eden so beautiful it's hard to believe it really exists."
The very best of luxury accommodations in Tahiti and Taha'a islands will turn skeptics into believers on this seven-day trip to French Polynesia, courtesy of Travelscene.*
Day 1: Board a flight from Los Angeles International Airport** to Faa'a International Airport via Air Tahiti Nui. Land in Papeete, Tahiti, and catch a transfer to the InterContinental Tahiti Resort, where you'll spend one night in a Garden-View Room. You'll receive a welcome cocktail on arrival, not to mention an automatic upgrade to a Lagoon-View Room based on availability. The luxurious hotel faces a private beach and offers guests two swimming pools and a soothing spa, all within close proximity to the attractions of Papeete.
Day 2: Start the day with breakfast, then depart on an Air Tahiti flight to the nearby Polynesian island of Raiatea. From Raiatea, you'll take a short boat ride to neighboring Taha'a, home of Le Taha'a Island Resort & Spa.
This five-star resort is set on the private islet Motu Tautau with Bora Bora visible in the distance. A Condé Nast Traveler Platinum Circle property, Le Taha'a was voted the best place to stay in French Polynesia on the magazine's 2011 Gold List. Here, you'll toast your stay with a welcome cocktail and spend four nights in a Taha'a Overwater Suite, constructed on stilts with a private deck and ladder down to the lagoon.
Days 3 to 5: You'll wake each morning to breakfast, then spend the days at leisure. The property boasts three restaurants and two bars, a tennis court and fitness center, a full-service spa, and a lagoon-style swimming pool to keep you busy. Activities like snorkeling, kayaking, scuba diving, and tours beyond the resort are also available.
On one evening, you'll sit down to a romantic three-course dinner at Le Vanille, serving local and international cuisine from its perch high in the trees. Before you leave, make sure to drop by the on-site gift shop stocked with Tahitian pearl jewelry.
Day 6: After a farewell breakfast, you'll transfer to Raiatea to catch your plane back to Papeete. There you'll board your return flight home to Los Angeles.
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
**Flights may be available from the following airports for additional fees (per person) noted below:
- Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) $354
- New York (JFK) $414
- San Francisco (SFO) $214
- Chicago (ORD) $374
Travel from April 1 through May 27, 2013
"My perfect day is waking up to a sunny morning in an over-the-water villa at Le Taha'a, eating breakfast on the deck, followed by a snorkeling trip, then clocking up some serious time at the pool bar."-- Megan Gale, Harper's Bazaar
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel April 1 - May 27, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by March 20, 2013
- Not valid on group or existing reservations or with any other offer or discounted vacation package
- Please book as early as you can, and in any event no later than March
- Merchant's cancellation policy applies; for more information please see www.travelscene.com/terms.asp
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $1200
- Voucher does not include Passport and visa fees (if applicable), gratuities to drivers, local guides, etc., meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, all applicable hotel, lodge taxes and entry fees, City tax of approx. $1.80 per person, per night and costs for anything not specified above
- Flights may be available from the following airports for prices noted: DFW ($354), JFK ($414), SFO ($214), or ORD ($374); prices are per person, due at booking and subject to availability
- Some airlines may impose additional charges if you choose to check any baggage. Please contact your airline or refer to its website for details information regarding their checked baggage policies
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 27, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 27, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 27, 2013 • Enjoy By May 27, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 27% savings