Eco-Friendly Bliss on Cowichan Bay
Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay • Cowichan Bay, Canada
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in an Oceanfront One-Bedroom Suite
- Welcome Gift Upon Arrival
- $50 Voucher at Ocean Glo Wellness Spa
- $20 Voucher at Cherry Point Estate Wines
- $20 Voucher at Hilary's Artisan Cheese
- $20 Voucher at True Grain Bread
For thousands of years, the salmon-rich waters of Cowichan Bay—and the trout-rich river that feeds into it—have been the lifeblood of the area's inhabitants. But not until recently have these waters on the southern shores of Vancouver Island served recreational travelers. Thanks to a handful of boutique food vendors, like True Grain Bread and Hillary's Artisan Cheese, the town of Cowichan Bay became the continent's first Cittaslow community (an off-shoot of the Slow Food movement), and the thriving wildlife that prospers here has drawn nature lovers from around the world. And with a few nearby wineries, plus a handful of quaint shops selling locally produced goods, Cowichan Bay is more than just a fishing village.
Overlooking the fishing boats bobbing in the harbor, the Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay make for an idyllic home base in this quiet little town. Fifty-six suites—each equipped with a master bedroom, a private bathroom, a kitchenette, and a comfortable living and dining area—all boast a beautiful ocean view.
Open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during winter, Terrain Kitchen, on the fifth floor of the hotel, serves breakfast and dinner with a focus on local and sustainable produce and seafood. Start with a cocktail and crab cakes, and move on to wild mushroom fettucini complemented by a glass of local wine. At some point during your stay, you'll want to settle into a massage or facial at the on-site Ocean Glo Wellness Spa, which uses organic and natural products in all of its body and beauty treatments. And on Monday and Wednesday, the hotel offers guests complimentary yoga classes.
"The great value comes from the staff, who are endlessly courteous, friendly, and professional. The hotel feels classy without coming across as pretentious. More value comes from the recent upgrades, but above all is the million-dollar view."-- TripAdvisor
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Stays must be completed by the expiration date on June 1, 2013
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Limit 1 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; not valid on existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Based on double occupancy; fees may be applied for additional guest
- Blackout dates are March 29, 2013 - April 1, 2013, April 26, 2013 - April 28, 2013
- Terrain Kitchen is open during the winter season only for brunch on Saturdays & Sundays and for dinner on Fridays & Saturdays
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 1, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 1, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 1, 2013 • Enjoy By June 1, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 41% savings