Award-Winning Wonder by the Great Dividing Range
Wombat Hills Cottages • Barwite, VIC
- Two nights midweek (Sunday to Thursday) in the Fern or Snowgum one-bedroom Cottage for two in Mansfield, North East Victoria ($289, value $590)
- Multi award-winning accommodation including Finalist in the 2012 Victorian Tourism Awards
- Delicious cheese platter on arrival
- Port and chocolates on arrival
- Late 12pm check-out
- Wake up to kangaroos bouncing through the grounds
- Explore this stunning area at the foothills of the Great Dividing Range
- Enjoy a "five million star" dining experience with a barbecue under a clear night's sky
- Rave reviews on TripAdvisor
Mansfield has long been loved in Australia and further afield for its spectacular scenery. After all, being situated in the foothills of the Great Dividing Range and offering awe-inspiring views of grazing land, mountain forests and glistening waterways, to name a very few, does make it hard to describe this much-desired area as anything but magical.
Throw in a multiple award-winning collection of fully self-contained holiday cottages, set on acres of beautiful gardens with stunning vistas of the ancient towering ranges and its very own lake; it's safe to say that if you're looking for a real escape to somewhere truly unforgettable, Wombat Hills Cottages have your name written all over them.
The cottages included with this deal, arboreally titled Fern and Snowgum, not only offer complete self-contained comfort with a spa bath, private courtyard and personalised heating/cooling, but each come complete with dazzling panoramas of both the Wombat Hills and the Victorian Alps including the bush gully of Mount Buller, peacefully positioned in the distance.
The town itself, about a 20-minute drive away, has much more than you might think on offer. A tourist hub attracting those searching for the true spirit of Australian natural splendour, Mansfield is a vibrant commercial centre offering a fabulous array of cafes, restaurants and shops. Why not pop down to Mansfield High Street for some gelato as you walk hand in hand through the historic architecture?
For even finer food adventures, you need look no further than your very own cottage. Wombat Hills prides itself on catering to any tastebud, offering gourmet light or full English breakfast and barbecue packs, delivered directly to you. Top tip: order up a pre-marinated barbecue pack for a "five-million star" dining experience under a clear night's sky.
If your adventuring feet are itching to explore, this diverse north-east Victorian region has much to offer, and we don't just mean the world-renowned walking trails of the Great Dividing Range. Discover wineries, like the King Valley establishments Pizzini, Chrismont and DalZotto (45-minute drive) or Kinloch Wines (40-minute drive), visit the man-made Lake Nillahcootie or the Lake Eildon with its surrounding natural park, or spend a day at Mansfield Zoo; the region's largest collection of native and exotic wildlife.
Of course, don't just take our word for it, check out what the locals think at Wombat Hills Cottages very own blog here. Although from the moment you arrive, we're certain you'll agree that Mansfield truly is a slice of magic just two hours from Melbourne.
5 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 5 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Purchase unlimited vouchers
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for use Sunday to Thursday
- Valid based on double occupancy
- Up to 4 additional guests are welcome for $50 per person per night (if the 3-bedroom cottage is available)
- Peak period fee of $30 applies for use after 1 April
- Not valid for existing or group reservations
- Not valid for use during school or public holidays, long weekends or special event dates
- Reservations are required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 30, 2013 • Enjoy By May 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 51% savings