Lilt of Eire in Virginia Hunt Country
Blackthorne Inn & Restaurant • Upperville, VA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Cottage, Sundays through Thursdays ($249) or Fridays and Saturdays ($299)
- Welcome Bottle of Wine and Cheese Plate
- Tasting at a Local Vineyard for Two
- $25 Credit at Blackthorne Restaurant or Wolfe Tone's Pub
Just an hour outside of the nation's capital, Fauquier County has become synonymous with Hunt Country and all things equestrian in Virginia. These rolling hills at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains host posh polo matches, fox hunts, and vast green pastures. Fine pedigrees aren't confined to the stables, though; peek inside one of the historic manor homes set back from the road and you'll find an affluent society seeking simplicity in the countryside.
Blackthorne Inn & Restaurant brings the spirit of Eire to the Hunt Country town of Upperville, Virginia. Consider yourself very lucky, indeed, to be staying in the 1763 stone house—once owned by George Washington—where cozy cabins and cottages are named for counties in Ireland. All accommodations feature plush beds and satellite TV, while many offer Jacuzzi tubs, fireplaces, and decks. With breakfast overlooking a serene pond and a setting as green as the Emerald Isle, you won't need to leave your room. But when you do, be sure to grab a bite to eat and a perfectly-poured pint of Guinness at Blackthorne Restaurant and Wolfe Tone's Pub.
The inn's location in the heart of Hunt Country gives guests easy access to year-round entertainment like polo matches, steeplechase races, rafting, antique shops, and Civil War battlefields. Take in the scenery during an afternoon hike near historic Ashby Gap or pamper your palate with a wine tasting at one of the nearby wineries. The inn also can arrange trail rides throughout the area.
"Went to Blackthorne Inn as a getaway for my boyfriend's birthday. It was so close, yet so far away! Very cozy room, beautiful grounds, delicious food, and incredibly friendly staff. I hated to leave!"-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Includes daily breakfast for two, one bottle of wine and cheese, $25 credit at Blackthorne Restaurant or Wolfe Tone's Pub and tasting at a local vineyard for two
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 6, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 6, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 6, 2014 • Enjoy By March 6, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 49% savings