Chef Tasting near Charlottesville
The Lafayette Inn • Stanardsville, VA
- A Tasting Dinner and Overnight: A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays, with an Eight- to Ten-Course Chef's Tasting Dinner for Two with Wine Pairings ($209)
- Or, a Tasting Dinner, Overnight, Chef's Demo, and Wine Tour: A One-Night Stay for Two, Any Nights of the Week, with an Eight- to Ten-Course Chef's Tasting Dinner for Two with Wine Pairings, a Hands-On Guest Chef Demo, and a Private Tasting and Tour at Stone Mountain Vineyards ($459)
- Breakfast for Two
The tiny town of Stanardsville, tucked away in the rolling hills of northwest Virginia, puts more on the table than its population—500—lets on. For starters, it sits just ten minutes from the border of Shenandoah National Park and 30 minutes from the bustling college town of Charlottesville, with a number of wineries, antique shops, and local artisans in between, not to mention historic sites like Monticello and Montpelier. But you needn't stray far from Main Street to revel in the bounty of the region. For proof, look no further than The Lafayette Inn, a six-room bed and breakfast in the heart of downtown.
Built in 1840, this three-story inn and restaurant—with a charming brick facade, picture windows, and white wooden columns—is renowned as one of the best restaurants in the region, garnering awards like "Best of the Blue Ridge" and "Virginia's Restaurant of the Year." Before the mouthwatering begins, however, check in to your suite. Each Internet-equipped room features hardwood floors, a sitting area with a fireplace and TV, and a private bathroom.
Once you've arrived, checked in, and set your bags down, guests who've purchased the chef's demo will descend to the kitchen for a four-hour hands-on cooking demonstration. Here, you'll learn the ins and outs of an eight- to ten-course meal, wine pairings and all. All purchasers will sit down to a sumptuous feast. From appetizers to entrées to desserts, this special event remains the inn's most popular experience, a nine-year tradition that hundreds of couples before you have enjoyed.
The following day, after an equally sumptuous breakfast (okay, it won't be ten courses, but it will be delicious), those who opt for the private tasting and tour will head to Stone Mountain Vineyards, about 20 minutes away through the undulating hills of the Shenandoah Mountains. There, in the beautiful brick-and-wood tasting room, you'll sample a flight of wine for two from the local appellation, then tour the vineyards and winery to learn a bit about the process.
"We thoroughly enjoyed the Chef’s Tasting menu. The food and the wine pairings were truly outstanding. Our only “complaint” was there was too much food!"-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Chef tasting dinner includes eight-ten courses with wine pairings
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 15, 2013 • Enjoy By December 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings