A Window to Ancient China
China Travel CA • Beijing, China
- A Nine-Day Trip to Beijing, Suzhou, Hangzhou, and Shanghai, Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from New York, Houston, Los Angeles, or San Francisco to Beijing and Domestic Flights from Beijing to Shanghai via Air China
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Hotels and Itinerary Destinations
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, One Night at Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou, One Night at Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort, and Two Nights at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel
- Seven Buffet Breakfasts, Four Lunches, and Three Dinners
- English-Speaking Tour Guide Throughout
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, Admissions, and Accident Insurance Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
A multifaceted, modern country with more than 5,000 years of history, China is difficult to capture in words. From the mega metropolises of Beijing and Shanghai on the east coast to the large expanses of bucolic farmland that roll west toward the Himalayas, this massive county is home to more than one billion people. Travelers can see the past reflected in the solid gaze of a jade Buddha and the stony towers of the Great Wall of China, or catch a glimpse of the future in the space-age architecture of the Beijing National Stadium, the site of the 2008 Summer Olympics. Between strolling the open expanses of the Forbidden City and watching giant pandas roll in the snow at the famous Beijing Zoo, every visit to this vast land is the trip of a lifetime.
Let the experts of China Travel CA open the door to a whole world of history and culture with this nine-day tour of Beijing, Suzhou, Hangzhou, and Shanghai.*
Day 1: Take off on an overnight, non-stop flight from the US to Beijing, crossing the International Date Line. You'll lose a calendar day here, but get it back on your return flight.
Day 2: Arrive in Beijing, where you'll be escorted from the airport to the Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, your home for the next three nights.
Day 3: Your time in the Chinese capital begins with a full-day tour of iconic Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Summer Palace. Along the way, you'll stroll beside Lake Kunming and stop at the Pearl Factory for an introduction to freshwater pearls.
Day 4: Hike along the Great Wall of China, beginning at Juyongguan Pass. After your walk, you'll explore the Jade Museum to learn the rich history of jade carving followed by a visit to the Beijing Zoo to see the giant pandas. Your evening brings a Peking duck feast and an entertaining Kung Fu show.
Day 5: You'll catch a flight to Shanghai in the morning, where you'll explore Shanghai Old Street. From here, catch a bus to Suzhou to wander the 1,100-year-old Shan Tang Street. You'll spend the evening at the Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou.
Day 6: Visit the Lingering Garden, a classical Chinese garden recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then it's off to the Silk Spinning Factory to learn about the art of silk work. You'll board an afternoon bus to Hangzhou, one of the seven capitals of ancient China, and take a small boat out on the West Lake for views of the willow-draped islands and centuries-old Su Causeway. Spend the night at the Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort.
Day 7: Begin your day at the Green Tea Village before catching a ride back to Shanghai. There, you'll stop at the Bund, a historic waterfront district running along the western bank of the Huangpu River, and the Gem Exhibition Center. You'll spend the next two evenings at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel.
Day 8: Enjoy a free day to explore Shanghai.
Day 9: You'll be driven to the airport to board an overnight flight returning to the US.
2013 Travel Dates
SFO: April 5 to 13 ($999 per person)
LAX: April 14 to 22 ($1,499 per person); April 21 to 29 ($1,499 per person); May 19 to 27 ($1,599 per person); September 8 to 16 ($1,599 per person)
IAH: September 18 to 26 ($1,999 per person); October 13 to 21 ($1,799 per person)
JFK: April 21 to 29 ($1,649 per person); May 26 to June 3 ($1,949 per person); September 2 to 10 ($1,799 per person); December 2 to 10 ($1,599 per person)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
"Frank and uncomplicated, Beijing’s denizens chat in Běijīnghuà—the gold standard of Mandarin—and marvel at their good fortune for occupying the center of the known world. For all its diligence and gusto, Beijing dispenses with the persistent pace."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Voucher price is per person, based on two people traveling together
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see www.intertrips.com/new/terms.html; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Reservation must be confirmed by March 7 for April 5 departure, March 26 for April 14 departure and all other departures must be confirmed by April 3
- Voucher is valid for departure dates listed on voucher only
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Single occupancy supplement is $420; must mention at time of booking
- Hotel is based on double occupancy, China Travel CA reserves the right to substitute other hotels of equal value based on availability
- Voucher includes round-trip ground transportation from the airport to hotels and itinerary destinations, double-occupancy accommodations for three nights at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, one night at Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou, one night at Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort, two nights at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel, seven buffet breakfasts, four lunches, three dinners, an English-speaking tour guide throughout, airline taxes, fuel surcharges, hotel fees, admissions, and accident insurance
- Voucher does not include processing of China Visa ($140) per US passport, other medical insurance, trip cancellation insurance, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, and any costs not specified as included
- Service fee for drivers and local guide of $8 per person per day to be paid in China
- All deal components must be redeemed during one visit
- The deal is valid only for date purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 1, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 1, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 1, 2013 • Enjoy By November 1, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 66% savings