Discover the Magic of Santa Catalina Island
Hotel Metropole • Avalon, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Deluxe Room ($249), Sundays through Thursdays, with Champagne on Ice and Round-Trip Boat Transfers
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a VIP Oceanfront Room ($349), Sundays through Thursdays, with Champagne on Ice and Round-Trip Boat Transfers
- Or, a Three-Day, Two-Night Stay in a VIP Oceanfront Room, Fridays through Sundays ($678)
There aren't many places in the world where you can expect to see a bison herd by day and a school of flying fish by night, but 20 miles south of Los Angeles, Santa Catalina Island fits the bill. Brought to the island by ferry for a classic movie shoot only to be abandoned later, the buffalo that roam the rugged hills lucked out—with sunny skies and year-round temperatures that hover near 70 degrees, who wouldn't want to be marooned on these palm-lined, silvery-sand shores?
A popular stop for Mexico-bound cruise ships, the resort town of Avalon caters to the carefree, weekend-jaunt set. Hotel Metropole's rooms and suites boast stunning views of the yacht harbor or the 1930s-era buildings that cling to the rocky hillside. Inside, you'll find crisp, white linens and furnishings in neutral browns and taupes that showcase the turquoise and green on the other side of your room's many windows. After a complimentary continental breakfast, walk to the beach, enjoy a day at the hotel's spa, or browse the shops at Metropole Market Place, a cobblestone-paved promenade featuring shops and eateries with a French Quarter feel.
Since Catalina Island limits the number of vehicles allowed on its shores, your best bet for transportation is a rented bicycle or golf cart. Check out the wildlife—choose from snorkeling and scuba diving, whale-watching tours, or a ride on a glass-bottom boat. If you're looking to stay dry, try hiking through the thick island vegetation in search of the bison herd or a zipline experience through the treetops. While the Catalina Casino doesn't offer gaming, its Art Deco architecture and Spanish-tile roof make it a landmark that plays host to a museum, ballroom, and the Avalon Theatre.
"This romantic hotel evokes the former look of New Orleans's French Quarter. Some guest rooms have balconies overlooking a flower-filled courtyard holding restaurants and shops; others have ocean views. Many have fireplaces."-- Read Fodor's Review of Hotel Metropole
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Stays must be completed by the expiration date on April 30, 2013
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; not valid on existing reservations
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Based on double occupancy
- Blackout dates include March 29-31
- Not valid for stays on calendar holidays and hotel events
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • Enjoy By April 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 30% savings