Natural Splendor on Lake Superior
Thomsonite Beach Inn & Suites • Grand Marais, MN
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Standard or Deluxe Lake View Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($105)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Standard or Deluxe Lake View Room, Fridays and Saturdays ($125)
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Four Nights
The imposing grandeur of nature is on full display on the North Shore of Lake Superior. Cliff shears plunge hundreds of feet into the waves, waterfalls thunder down worn crevasses, and pine stands crowd the Minnesota wilderness. Snow blankets the earth nearly eight months per year for unbeatable backcountry skiing and snowmobiling. In the warmer months, the Superior Hiking Trail and Boundary Waters Canoe Area draw outdoor adventurers from far and wide.
At turns both awesome and unforgiving, the protected land of Superior National Forest nevertheless harbors small lakeside towns like Grand Marais and Lutsen, as well as the Grand Portage Indian Reservation of the Minnesota Chippewa Tribe. In these North Shore communities, reverence for nature is bred in locals and inspired in visitors.
Facing a rocky ledge over Lake Superior, between Grand Marais and Lutsen, the Thomsonite Beach Inn & Suites boasts a veritable buried treasure on its 4.5 acres of land. Embedded in the rocks is the mineral thomsonite, created by lava flows roughly 600 million years ago. Polished to gemstone quality and set in precious metals by local jewelers, thomsonite makes lovely jewelry for sale in the gift shop. The property's lake-view accommodations prove equally unique and charming, each outfitted with at least one queen or two twin beds, a private bath, a small dining area, and a kitchenette.
"We spent a few days on our honeymoon at Thomsonite Beach and it was wonderful in so many ways. Our room had special, homey touches which made our stay more pleasant. Convenient to be just five minutes away from Grand Marais."-- Yahoo! Travel
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Up to two (2) vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Valid for Standard and Deluxe Lakeview Rooms (Units 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 9) only
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Stay must be completed by: July 3, 2013
- Blackout date(s): May 24-26, 2013
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Tax and fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 3, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 3, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 3, 2013 • Enjoy By July 3, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 46% savings