The Perks of Being Portland
Red Lion Hotel on the River • Portland, OR
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Standard King Room
- $30 Hotel Credit for the Jantzen Beach Bar and Grill
- Two Complimentary Beverages and One Happy Hour Appetizer Between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. in the Lounge
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Three Nights
Comprised of close-knit neighborhoods of emerald trees and quiet streets, a downtown of lively entertainment, and a food scene that caters to predictable and daring tastes, Portland, Oregon, is a city that thrives on contradictions. The 600,000 residents of this Pacific Northwest outpost have "kept it weird" with famous doughnuts topped with unlikely flavors, a sartorial penchant for outside-the-box fashions, and quaint shops to suit all tastes. But it all shares a space with classic draws: lush parks, local brews, and world-class museums that round out this town's irresistible personality.
Seated on the banks of the scenic Columbia River, The Red Lion Hotel avoids the dizzying downtown hubbub by virtue of its peaceful Hayden Island location. Standard King Rooms maintain clean, modern lines accented by large windows, as well as pillow-top mattresses draped in high-thread-count linens. Flat-screen televisions, complimentary high-speed wireless Internet, and a bevy of cable channels and on-demand movies round out your in-room entertainment, while The Energy Zone Fitness Center and outdoor pool and hot tub are both great ways to stoke your pulse before hopping a free ride to the light rail stop on your way to the city center.
Take advantage of Portland's generous bike lanes with a rental from Portland Bicycle Tours. Pedal your way from sight to sight, being sure to stop and pick up a read at Powell's City of Books, America's biggest independent tome-pusher—you can then turn pages among among camellia, osmanthus, and magnolias at Lan Su Chinese Garden. When lunch rolls around and the clouds roll away, picnic at Pittock, a 1914 mansion nestled in the West Hills, 1,000 feet above the skyline. Spend a lively First Thursday in the Pearl District, where the warehouses have transformed into galleries, lofts, and boutique shops. The Portland Farmers Market offers a treasure trove of organic delights, which pair swimmingly with any one of countless spirits from the city's thirty breweries or several nearby vineyards.
"The rooms in this four-story hotel, on the Columbia River, have balconies and good views of the river and Vancouver. Public areas glitter with brass and bright lights that accentuate the greenery and the burgundy, green, and rose color scheme."-- Read Fodor's Review for Red Lion Hotel on the River
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 3 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Valid for stays from March 21 thru July 31, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability; not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates: July 4, 2013
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 31, 2013 • Enjoy By July 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 45% savings