The South's Largest Antebellum Mansion
Nottoway Plantation Resort • White Castle, LA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Cottage Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($142) or Fridays and Saturdays ($174)
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two in a Mansion Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($192) or Fridays and Saturdays ($224)
- Breakfast for Two and $40 Dinner Credit
- Guided Mansion Tour for Two
- Two Tickets to the Rural Life Museum
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Four Nights
Head south of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, following the mighty Mississippi until the urban sprawl fades and the suburbs give way to wide-open farmland. Here in the small town of White Castle, the landscape has hardly changed since the antebellum era, with gorgeous plantations and acres of crops spreading as far as the eye can see. Southern hospitality is very much alive and well along the Mississippi, with plenty of front porch swings and mint juleps to go around.
The hand-carved mantles and stately oak trees of Nottoway Plantation Resort harken back to times of both war and peace—in fact, a former guest turned Union soldier saved the grand Louisiana estate from destruction during the Civil War. Now the largest remaining plantation house from the Old South, the property has been meticulously restored to its present splendor. Completed in 1859, Nottoway boasts 53,000 square feet of Greek Revival and Italianate-style architecture sprinkled with Corinthian columns and 19th-century crystal chandeliers. Tastefully appointed rooms offer antique and reproduction furnishings, private baths, Wi-Fi, and flat-screen TVs.
Located on the ground floor of the magnificent rotunda, The Mansion Restaurant at Nottoway features stunning views of century-old oaks. It serves dishes like the Cajun 3-step—a chicken-and-sausage jambalaya with fried Gulf shrimp and crawfish étouffée—in the restored turn-of-the-century dining room.
"Nottoway is everything you want in a dazzling Old South mansion. Dating from 1858, it's the largest existing plantation house in the South, a mammoth structure with 64 rooms (covering 53,000 sq. ft.) and pillars to rival the White House's."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Up to 4 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are April 20 and June 17-23
- Based upon double occupancy; max occupancy of 4
- Additional people are $25 each per night, children 12 and under are free
- No pets allowed
- Check-in is 2:30 p.m. and checkout is 11 a.m.
- $100 authorization for incidentals will be charged to credit card at check-in
- Mansion Rooms are Cornelia Randolph (#1), Sarah Virginia Randolph (#2), Moses & Bethia Lidell (#13), Ella Eugenia Randolph (#14), Mary Augusta Randolph (#15)
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 29, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 29, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 29, 2013 • Enjoy By August 29, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 46% savings