Enchantment on the Central Coast
Briarwood Inn • Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($195) or Fridays and Saturdays ($245), in a Queen or King Fireplace Room, with Housekeeping and Breakfast for Two Each Day
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Up to Four ($25 per Night per Person After Two Guests) in a King Condo or King or Queen Cottage with Fireplace, Breakfast and Housekeeping Not Included, Sundays through Thursdays ($295) or Fridays and Saturdays ($345)
- Bottle of Scheid Wine and Two Keepsake Glasses
- One Wine Tasting Voucher to Scheid Vineyards
- Gourmet Chocolate Treats for Two
- Afternoon Port and Sherry
Carmel, just south of the Monterey Peninsula on California's Central Coast, got its sea legs as a retreat for painters, poets, actors, and other artists seeking inspiration by the sea. And inspiration they got: Ancient-looking cypress trees stand atop sheer cliffs that plunge into the ocean, with red-and-green bluffs overlooking sprawling swaths of perfect beach punctuated by kites and bounding dogs. Take it from the artists who retreated to Carmel in the early 20th century: This is about as close to a fairy tale as real life gets.
With its ivy-covered cottages and vibrant gardens, The Briarwood Inn, right in the middle of town, sets an equally charming scene. This AAA Three Diamond B&B features 18 distinctly styled rooms. From rich hardwood walls to elegant floral themes, the accommodations offer private entries, complimentary wireless Internet, flat-screen TVs, and crackling fireplaces. Awake to a continental breakfast for two each morning, which includes bagels with cream cheese, fruit, muffins, and other seasonal breakfast items, plus juices, hot chocolate, coffee, and assorted teas.
For picturesque ocean views and a bit of Carmel history, hop onto Scenic Road, which winds its way through town and past a number of noteworthy homes, including a Frank Lloyd Wright house built in 1948. Then, take a leisurely stroll down the pristine shores of Carmel Beach, named one of the top ten beaches in the country. It's a leash-free zone where dogs can frolic, surfers can hit the waves, and couples can enjoy a romantic stroll within walking distance of the inn.
For a taste of the town's roots, head to the Carmel Art Association, where several galleries are filled with works by more than 120 local artists. The fabled Cottage of Sweets, voted America's number one candy shop by USA Today readers, looks enchanted from the outside, but its delicious confections are the true magic.
Think of your included bottle of wine as a preview to your tasting at Scheid Vineyards, just two blocks from the inn. This family-owned winery pours a huge variety of wines, from single-grape bulk wines to custom-made blends, and you'll get a chance to sample one flight. You'll also get 10 percent off a bottle purchase.
"Briarwood Inn was the secret ingredient in the best vacation I have ever experienced. ... The room was absolutely fantastic! It was very clean, offered privacy, and the amenities were outstanding."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift
- Minimum of two night reservation required
- Credit card and voucher required for reservation
- Not valid for use until April 2, 2013
- Must book by June 1, 2013 and use by July 1, 2013
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Cannot combine vouchers to extend stay
- Option A & B include daily continental breakfast for two
- Vouchers include a bottle of wine and two keepsake glasses, gourmet chocolate treats for two, and afternoon port and sherry
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based on double occupancy; extra person fee beyond 2 guests is $25/person/day excluding children 10 and under; maximum occupancy is 4 guests
- Dogs only allowed pending approval upon pet room availability, pet fee of $25/night/pet and rules apply
- Option C and D: housekeeping can be purchased for $25/day(includes linen changes, vacuuming, and wipe down)
- Taxes and Fees not included. Tax is 10%, Tourism Fee is $1/night, and the City of Carmel Hospitality Improvement District Fee (HID) is $1/night; payable directly to the property
- Room number selected by front desk; specific room requests will be noted
- Blackout dates: 4/26-4/27 and 5/24-5/26
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 1, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 1, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 1, 2013 • Enjoy By July 1, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 47% savings