A Hidden Gem on the Chesapeake Bay
Combsberry Inn • Oxford, MD
- A One-Night Stay for Two in the Queen Ann Room, Garden of Eden Room, or Oxford Cottage, Sundays through Thursdays ($195)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in the Queen Ann Room, Garden of Eden Room, or Oxford Cottage, Fridays and Saturdays ($395)
- Breakfast Basket Delivered Each Morning
- Unlimited Coffee, Hot Chocolate, and Tea
One of Maryland's most beautifully preserved colonial towns, Oxford is truly a trip back in time. For starters, the town's Oxford Museum is packed with more than 2,500 artifacts dating back to the town's infancy, when it was one of America's first colonial ports. But a simple stroll downtown proves to be equally historical, with seemingly untouched 18th century architecture appearing at every turn. And it's not just history that lives on here. With only about 700 residents, Oxford is also home to a thriving ecosystem in the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, a 27,000-acre swath of rich tidal marshes that serve as a haven for ducks and migrating geese.
The Combsberry Inn, which itself is one of these charming colonial-era gems, is situated just a few minutes' drive from Oxford and comprises three structures. The 1730 brick manor house, the carriage house, and the Oxford Cottage are set amid beautifully landscaped grounds on the banks of Island Creek, with all rooms featuring water views. The interior is appointed with distinguished-looking fireplaces and beautiful hardwood floors, and all rooms are furnished with four-poster or canopy beds and antiques. And don't be surprised to run into a few wet noses––the Combsberry gladly welcomes dogs.
Delivered to your room each morning, breakfast is prepared by the innkeeper and gourmet chef, who fill a basket with hot muffins, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice, and unlimited coffee, hot chocolate, and tea. After breakfast, head just outside to find deer grazing on the front lawn, eagles flying overhead, and osprey diving for fish in the spring.
Arrive after April 15, and kayaks and canoes are available to lead you over 35 acres of secluded waterfront, once a resting place for Robert E. Lee and his troops. For dinner, take a leisurely bike ride into Oxford for a fresh-caught crab-cake dinner at Schooner's Landing complete with live music and drinks at the Tiki Bar––or catch your own after April 15 with on-site crab pots.
"The grounds are spectacular. In the main house, the rooms are large and comfortable. The best part is having breakfast in the huge kitchen that has windows that span the back of the house and overlook the water."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 3 per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Blackout date(s): March 28 - April 1, 2013; May 23-28, 2013; July 2-9, 2013
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- 10% taxes (4% Talbot County & 6% Maryland State) not included and will be collected at redemption
- Option B: nights must be used consecutively
- Includes breakfast for two, unlimited coffee, hot chocolate and tea
- Breakfast includes muffins, yogurt, fruit and juice
- Pet-friendly property; please inquire with merchant at time of reservation
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 15, 2013 • Enjoy By August 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings