Step Inside Where the Big Five Thrive
Photofly Travel Club • Midrand, South Africa
- A 10-Day South African Safari, Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from IAD, JFK, EWR, LAX, or SFO International Airports to Johannesburg
- Accommodations for Six Nights in a Double Luxury Tent at Wildside Safari Camp
- Round-Trip Shared Transfers
- Daily Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Nine Safari Game Drives
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Taxes, Entrance Fees, and Service Charges Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
A mountainous land mass rising up from the earth's crust, South Africa's Waterberg Biosphere boasts more than 5,000 miles of unspoiled habitats. From its shady marshes and high savannas to its deciduous forests and lush woodlands, the landscape's vegetation-packed terrain hosts a rich assemblage of wildlife. The legendary Big Five—the lion, the African elephant, the Cape buffalo, the leopard, and the rhinoceros—call this protected paradise home. Located in the Limpopo province, Waterberg rests in the country's northernmost corner, where brilliant Black-headed Orioles flit through the lavender trees and playful impalas graze in the high grasses.
From massive wildebeests to curious crocodiles, this multifarious biosphere is brimming with life. Explore its splendor for yourself with this Escape, courtesy of the folks from Photofly Travel Club:
Days 1 and 2: Take off on an overnight flight from IAD, JFK, EWR, LAX, or SFO International Airports to Tambo International Airport.
Day 3: Arrive in Johannesburg where you'll be escorted from the airport to Wildside Safari Camp, your home for the next seven days. Covering more than 54 acres of bushveld, savanna, and wooded hills, this tranquil camp offers a true bush experience within the Entabeni Safari Conservancy. Comfy and luxurious tents—equipped with en suite bathrooms and showers—offer easy access to the camp's bar/lounge area, which is perfect for recapping your day of exploring the property's five unique ecosystems.
Days 4 to 8: While tucked away in the heart of Waterberg's Big Five country, you'll embark on two daily safarigame drives. Don't worry about fending for your food in the bush—each day of your stay includes three delicious meals.
Day 9: Fuel up with breakfast and enjoy one final game drive before departing for Johannesburg, where you'll board your flight back to the US.
2013 Travel Dates
IAD: May 2, 10 ($2,599); May 17 ($2,699); May 23, June 10, June 23 ($2,899); July 9 ($3,399)
JFK/EWR: May 2, 10, 17, 23 ($2,799); June 10 ($2,899); June 23 ($2,949); July 9 ($3,349)
LAX: May 2, 10, 17 ($2,949); May 23 ($3,149); June 10 ($3,249); June 23 ($3,299); July 9 ($3,799)
SFO: May 2, 10, 17 ($2,899); May 23 ($3,149); June 10 ($3,599); June 23 ($3,699); July 9 ($3,799)
"People come to southern Africa for its beauty, wildlife, and sunshine, and few leave disappointed. With its immensely varied terrain supporting a rich diversity of fauna and flora, the region offers a correspondingly diverse range of experiences."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit one voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
- Reservations must be made by April 10, 2013 or voucher price is forfeited
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies. $100 fee to cancel; 30 day cancellation period for May Departures and 65 Days cancellation period for June/July Departures. No refunds on airfare portion of the tour. Airline tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable according to the airlines policy
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $449
- Roommate matching offered when possible
- All other major US airports and trip extensions may available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking
- Voucher includes six nights in a double luxury tent at Wildside Safari Camp, round-trip shared transfers, daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner, nine safari game drives, airline taxes, fuel surcharges, hotel taxes, entrance fees, and service charges
- Credit card required at booking
- Must be at least 18 to check-in
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 30% savings