Bikes, Brews, and Lobster in Maine
Back Country Excursions • Parsonsfield, ME
- A Two-Night Mountain Bike Adventure with Friday Night Arrival for One Guest, with All Gear, Two Nights' Accommodations, One and a Half Days of Guided Trail Rides, Three Meals, Unlimited Trail Snacks and Use of Kayaks and Canoes ($199)
- Or, a Three-Night Tube-N-Lube Lobster Fest for One Guest, July 11 to 14, with Three Nights' Accommodations, Two and a Half Days of Guided Group Rides, One Day of Tubing, Six Meals, Unlimited Trail Snacks, and One Lobster Bake ($299)
- Or, a Three-Night Mountain Biking Micro Brew Festival for One Guest, August 8 to 11, with Three Nights' Accommodations, Two and a Half Days of Guided Group Rides, Six Meals, Unlimited Trail Snacks, and One Lobster Bake with Beer ($319)
With 26 miles of virtually mud-free single-track trails, Back Country Excursions offers some of the best mountain biking in the White Mountains of Maine. Founded in 1991, BCE was the first bike-touring company on the East Coast, making it the longest-running such organization in the region. Situated in the foothills of the White Mountains, this vast network of trails is complemented by ponds and rivers perfect for tubing and canoeing.
Add to all that a rustic yurt-style lodge, and BCE has become the premier overnight recreation destination in the Northeast. The all-wood-heated yurt, tucked away among the trees, features a common area appointed with couches, artwork, games, and biking magazines, while the main lodge offers private rooms—fit with double beds—and guests share a bathroom. There's also a screened-in porch for alfresco meals and a wood-fired cedar hot tub for evening relaxation.
The two-night mountain biking adventure caters to both experienced and novice riders. All gear is provided, and guests will get a day and a half of guided riding time, plus some instructional tips from the pros. You'll also be treated to three meals, unlimited trail snacks, and the use of a canoe or kayak during your stay.
The 19th Annual Mountain Biking Micro Brew Festival—a perennially popular event that sells out every year—begins at 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 8, and ends in the late afternoon on Sunday, August 11. During the day, you'll be pedaling the trail on guided group rides, while at night the fun heats up with local blues and folk bands, a beer garden hosted by Gritty McDuff's and Sunday River Brewing Co., and on Saturday night, a lobster bake—bring your bib!
The Tube-N-Lube Lobster Fest, running July 11 to 14, features much of the same fun but also includes a lazy float on the Saco River. In addition to all mountain bike gear, this package includes six meals, one of which is the lobster and clam bake, complete with mussels, corn on the cob, and all the fixings.
"If you love mountain biking, a trip to Back Country Excursions is a must do."-- Trails.com
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays during time period listed on voucher
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for 1 person
- Taxes/resort fee and gratuites of 15% are not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 1, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 1, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 1, 2013 • Enjoy By November 1, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings