Luxury on the Water in Ucluelet
Black Rock Oceanfront Resort • Ucluelet, Canada
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a One-Bedroom Lodge Suite
- $50 Food-and-Beverage Credit
- Welcome Gift Upon Arrival
Remote and rugged, where old-growth forest meets the Pacific Ocean, the town of Ucluelet has only within the last 15 years attracted travelers to its breathtaking spot on the west coast of Vancouver Island. Just minutes from Pacific Rim National Park, this town of less than 2,000 residents is the decidedly quiet and less popular sister of Tofino, which sits 30 minutes north. But while it's retained much of its fishing-village heritage over the years, Ucluelet has seen an uptick in stylish boutique hotels and seasonal farm-to-fork restaurants in recent years, giving more than just outdoor enthusiasts a good reason to make the four-drive from Victoria.
To one side of Black Rock Oceanfront Resort, a low-slung fog lingers amid an impossibly fertile temperate rain forest. On the other side, undulating tide pools are punctuated by the hotel's namesake craggy black rocks. The resort, a 2012 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice winner, blends seamlessly with its surroundings, with floor-to-ceiling windows that seem to let the outside in, and blacks, grays, and creams adorning the smooth lines of the resort's sleek modern furnishings. Each of 133 suites is equipped with a state-of-the-art kitchen, a fireplace, a balcony, and a TV with DVD player, and bathrooms feature heated floors, rain showers, and soaker tubs.
When you aren't reveling in the plush amenities of your room, head for Pacific Rim National Park Reserve - Long Beach Unit just six miles up the coast. Crisscrossing the park are 23 miles of beach and hiking trails, where you'll encounter moss-covered bridges and boardwalks, an authentic totem pole erected by the Ucluelet First Nation, and old-growth stands of red cedar and western hemlock.
It's all enough to leave you famished, which is where the on-site Fetch Restaurant and Float Lounge come in. Serving three meals a day, Fetch focuses on fresh Pacific Northwest cuisine, which is often made with locally sourced and seasonal ingredients. Float, with its double-sided fireplace, offers the perfect place for a nightcap and a small plate before an evening soak in the on-site hot tub.
Before you leave, head for the on-site Drift Spa, which makes use of the natural surroundings—think all-natural wild seaweed and rain-forest botanicals—in its variety of soothing treatments. It's the perfect way to bid farewell to this all-things-nature retreat on the edge of the continent.
"On a rocky ledge at the edge of a shallow inlet, Black Rock Resort is Ucluelet's first upscale, full-service resort, and its modern design and ambience is unexpected in this quiet village."-- Read Fodor's Review of Black Rock Oceanfront Resort
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Valid for stays until June 27, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability; not valid toward existing or room block reservations; credit card required at time of booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests; Extra Person fee of $20 per person applies over double occupancy
- Pets are welcome for a fee
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates include: May 17 - 20, May 24-26, June 7-9
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 27, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 27, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 27, 2013 • Enjoy By June 27, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 48% savings