Just South of Tahoe, Far from Everywhere
Kit Carson Lodge • Kit Carson, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Hotel Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($215) or Fridays and Saturdays ($250) between June 7 and July 4, 2013, or between August 26 and October 6, 2013
- Or, a Three-Night Stay for Two in a Cabin, Sundays through Thursdays ($308) or Thursdays through Sundays ($360) between June 7 and July 4, 2013, or between August 26 and October 6, 2013
- Four-Hour Boat Rental
- $25 Dinner Credit with Purchase of Two Entrées
- Two Hiking Sticks
- S'mores Welcome Basket: Two Postcards, Marshmallows, Graham Crackers, Hershey Bars
- Gift Certificate for the Art Gallery or General Store
- Combine Vouchers to Stay up to Six Nights
Kit Carson Lodge took the road less traveled even before there were roads to travel. More than 85 years ago, when vacation homes began going up around Lake Tahoe, Kit Carson Lodge retreated to Silver Lake, about 45 minutes south, where it's been catering to travelers' rustic sensibilities ever since.
While it's not quite as backwoods as it once was, this 27-unit retreat (19 cabins and 8 hotel rooms) is still in the thick of El Dorado National Forest. At 7,300 feet above sea level, situated at the dead end of Kit Carson Road just steps from the lake, it's maintained a decidedly woodsy, far-from-everything aesthetic with wood-paneled rooms, raftered ceilings, patchwork quilts, and pastoral artwork.
Stay in one of three cabins and you'll be treated to a wood-burning stove, a fully equipped kitchen, and a private deck. While the Cottontail Cabin accommodates two guests, the Deer I and Deer II cabins can sleep up to three people, with a nominal fee for each guest after two. Inquire about larger three-, four-, five-, and six-person cabins for an additional fee.
Explore Silver Lake by boat with your four-hour rental, which can be used for a motorized craft, a kayak, or a canoe. Whatever you choose, make sure to pack your walking stick: A short paddle over to Treasure Island, the lake's largest island, delivers you to secluded forest pathways where excellent views of the Sierra abound.
Your dinner credit at the on-site restaurant scores you anything from Yukon gold potato latkes with red-pepper coulis to pan-sautéed trout to wild mushroom spinach risotto. Complement it with a glass from the locally sourced wine list and cap it all off with crème brûlée.
"The setting doesn't get any better. Crystal blue alpine lake, granite outcroppings, a resident bald eagle dancing in the sky, and blue skies and piercing stars. We loved our little rustic cabin. This will be our new new annual vacation spot!"-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays June 7 to July 4, 2013 and August 26 to October 6, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability; not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 3-6 guests, depending on unit purchased for
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- No pets allowed
- Restaurant is closed on Mondays
- Vouchers include Four-Hour Boat Rental, $25 Dinner Credit with Purchase of Two Entrées, Two Hiking Sticks, S'mores Welcome Basket: Two Postcards, Marshmallows, Graham Crackers, Hershey Bars, and Gift Certificate for the Art Gallery or General Store
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 20, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 20, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 20, 2013 • Enjoy By July 20, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings