A Dastardly Murder in Hertfordshire!
Down Hall Country House Hotel • Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- Murder Mystery Break with Overnight Stay for Two
- Three-Course Dinner
- Full English Breakfast
As busy weeks segue into equally busy weekends, finding time to relax and enjoy life can be murder. With this week's hand-picked Escape experience, we've got a 'get out of jail free' card for you. Make a quick getaway to Down Hall Country House Hotel for a thrilling murder mystery evening, including an overnight stay.
Murder mystery break? Yes, you heard us correctly—simply choose a check-in date in May, June, or July, selecting the following day to check out. You can arrive from 3 p.m. with a few hours to get changed and settled before heading down to the private room at 7:30 p.m. where a bar will open and actors will commence the chilling mystery. Between each course of your meal actors will act out the narrative and be available for questioning. Each table is provided with clues to hunt down the elusive killer and by the time dinner is finished all will be revealed, as well as the winning team.
As the group of apparently carefree paragons of society settle down to a delicious three-course dinner, tensions begin to simmer. Once you've polished off the starter (country coarse paté with a sweet spiced tomato chutney and crisp walnut bread), those tensions start to boil over. The main course is superb (breast of chicken with roast potatoes, panache of vegetables, and a creamy leek sauce), but it becomes more and more apparent that something is awry. Not so awry, of course, that it distracts you from the exquisite dessert (chocolate mousse with macerated oranges and a nut brittle). A full English breakfast is also included come morning.
You'll find Down Hall among 110 acres of splendid woodland, parkland, and landscaped gardens, nestled snugly in Hatfield Heath, close to Bishop's Stortford. Reachable from central London in 45 minutes, it's the perfect place to put your feet up after a big job. Your individually designed room is the perfect place to luxuriate in the kind of style that you'd expect of an English country house.
This Escape is for two people. Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge on 0207 763 4600 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"The hotel, which dates back to 1322, is an Italianate mansion set in 110 acres of the most beautiful and well-tended grounds and surrounding woodland."-- Ely Standard 24
the fine print
- Please email email@example.com in advance of your stay with any special dietary requirements
- One reservation is valid for 2 people, no reduction in price is available for less guests
- Event is not suitable for children under the age of 16
- Your booking is made when you select your dates. Bookings are final; no refunds and non-exchangeable
- Bookings are only valid for the date(s) purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates; Escapes Bookings are subject to forfeiture
- Bookings expire on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email. You must redeem your Escapes Booking on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email
- In the event the date booked does not reach the minimum number of vouchers needed (20), Down Hall reserves the right to offer you alternative dates for your booking
- Valid for 1 night stays only
- Deal based on double occupancy in a double room
- Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Voucher includes: Three-Course Dinner, Full English Breakfast
- Please contact 0207 7634600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Escapes Bookings must be used in a single visit and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
- Other conditions apply
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms