Romance & Luxury in the Heart of Portland
The Heathman Hotel • Portland, OR
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Symphony Suite
- Breakfast for Two
- Bottle of Wine Upon Arrival
- Copy of Fifty Shades of Grey
- Complimentary Valet Parking
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Three Nights
What's there to say about Portland that hasn't already been heaped on the city by fawning food writers, travel experts, and music journalists? Indeed, it's become the epicenter of cool, its citizens the arbiters of taste. It's a perfect mix of carefree style, social consciousness, and environmental stewardship spread out over 145 square miles. Here, with the Willamette River bisecting the city and the Columbia River bounding it, snow-capped Mount Hood looming large in the distance, a certain je ne sais quoi settles over the city. Something that makes people say, "I could stay here forever."
So it comes as no surprise that Condé Nast Traveler named The Heathman Hotel one of the world's best places to stay. Winner of AAA's Four Diamond award every year for the last 28 years, this luxury property is situated just south of the trendy Pearl District on the west side of the Willamette, boasting quick access to several of the city's top museums, concert halls, and boutiques. It's also a member of the Historic Hotels of America, with an old-world elegance that brings to mind a hotel on the Champs-Élysées.
It's even got a French-style bistro—The Heathman Restaurant & Bar—to match. With some of the country's freshest produce at his disposal, plus ultra-fresh seafood nearby, Chef Michael Stanton conjures a menu of Pacific Northwest-centric seasonal fare with a French twist—think wild rice duck confit with huckleberry sauce or elk stew with white chanterelle mushrooms. The restaurant also boasts more than 6,000 bottles of wine—with a particular focus on France and the Willamette Valley—as well as a sophisticated cocktail program.
Rooms, too, are rife with romantic charm. Perhaps that's why author EL James chose The Heathman as the backdrop for many a sexy scene in her tour de force novel Fifty Shades of Grey. Thanks in part to a recent $4 million landfill-free renovation, the hotel's 150 guest rooms are appointed with stylish yet comfortable furnishings and luxury L'Occitane bath amenities. At 520 square feet, each Symphony Suite offers one king bed and a full-size sleeper sofa, plus a living area with flat-screen TV.
"The Heathman more than deserves its reputation for quality. From the teak-paneled lobby to the rosewood elevators (with Warhol prints hung at each landing) and marble fireplaces, this hotel exudes refinement."-- Read Fodor's Review of The Heathman Hotel
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 3 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 3 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Valid for stays until June 30, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability; not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2013 • Enjoy By June 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 35% savings