Explore the Banks of Currumbin Creek
Cottages on the Creek • Currumbin Valley, QLD
- Two nights midweek, between Sunday and Friday ($279, value $655), or two nights on the weekend for two ($399, value $655) in the Currumbin Valley
- Breakfast hamper on arrival
- Bottle of wine on arrival
- Midday late check-out
Once owned by the founder of the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, Dr Alex Griffiths, the Currumbin Valley is a four-hectare pocket of Gold Coast hinterland offering lush rainforest seclusion. Just under 30km away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist hub's busy beaches, the Currumbin Creek is a large, peaceful waterway that hugs the glorious rainforest surroundings, running from Mount Cougal in the west to its mouth at Currumbin Alley in the east, while playing home to the area's rich native wildlife. Look out for black cockatoos, whipbirds, rainbow lorikeets and kookaburras, to name just a few.
Surrounded by stunning rainforest and lush vegetation, the five-acre Cottages on the Creek is located deep within the Currumbin Valley and provides just two beautifully private and rustic boutique-style cottages set by the running waters of its namesake. With a resident platypus and freshwater swimming holes nearby, you'll feel both at home and a million miles away in either fully self-contained cottage, situated simply metres from the pristine Currumbin Creek, with luxurious ensuite double spa baths and private verandas. Eco-friendly and kind to their environment, both cottages also feature composting toilets, protecting the area's locals such as turtles, catfish and yabbies.
The Points of Interest
While doing absolutely nothing might be at the top of your to-do list, there are so many options all between a 15 and 45-minute drive away. Head north to stunning Gold Coast beaches, or go east and follow the Creek to Currumbin Beach. Sip and savour the drops at the wineries of Mt Tambourine and Carool, or take in the stunning environs of the World Heritage National Parks at Mount Cougal or Lamington. Head to the Tweed Shire and dine alfresco in Murwillumbah, enjoying its weekend markets, picturesque picnic areas and more. But of course, in homage to Dr Alex Griffiths himself, a trip to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is a must.
Connect with Cottages on the Creek on Facebook here
Two nights in heaven! We had a lovely time and the cottage was perfect!-- Testimonials - Alex and Julia
5 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 5 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Purchase unlimited vouchers
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid based on double occupancy only
- Not valid for existing or group reservations
- Not valid for use during school or public holidays, long weekends, special event dates or between 15-22 May or 9-12 August inclusive
- Reservations are required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 23, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 23, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 23, 2013 • Enjoy By October 23, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 57% savings