Tiny Island, Big Adventure
Gallows Point Resort • St. John, US Virgin Islands
- A Three- ($889) or Four-Night ($1,189) Stay for Two in an Ocean-View Lower Room
- Shuttle from St. John Ferry to Resort
For such a tiny island, St. John packs a tropical punch. With two-thirds of its crescent-shaped bays and high-elevation forests set aside as a protected national park, this 19-square-mile slice of paradise takes on more of a secluded feel than its glitzy Caribbean neighbors. Here, visitors can explore mysterious sugar mill ruins, hitch a ride on wild donkeys, or snorkel above beds of coral. When you're ready to peruse duty-free shops, the island's main harbor of Cruz Bay is home to a blend of upscale boutiques and quirky craft booths.
Set on a five-acre tropical peninsula near Cruz Bay, the award-winning Gallows Point Resort is within walking distance of the beach and just minutes from the island's most popular shopping and dining spots. Start your stay by taking the resort's complimentary shuttle to the property, where you'll ease into the Caribbean spirit by way of a friendly staff. Decorated in calming hues of pastel pinks and grassy greens, your newly renovated, ocean-view room features a fully equipped kitchen, a king-size bed, an elegant bathroom, and air-conditioning. After spending the day swimming in the tranquil bay, watch the sunset via the oceanfront Jacuzzi or on your private patio.
Catch a morning catamaran tour or snorkel the Trunk Bay Underwater Trail. While cruising beneath the park's crystal waters, you'll spot vibrantly colored fish, curious sea turtles, and gorgeous coral. Back on shore, hike the Francis Bay Trail for prime bird-watching, or explore the Reef Bay Trail's stunning waterfalls and plantation ruins. Later, check out Mongoose Junction. The shopping center is designed to mirror an 18th-century Danish sugar mill and features keepsakes created by local artisans, as well as fruity drinks and fresh seafood.
"Tropical rooms have wicker furniture, tile floors, and brightly colored spreads in colors that reflect the sea and sky. Zozo's Ristorante, a popular spot for sunset-watching, serves northern Italian cuisine above the lobby."-- Read Fodor's Review of Gallows Point Resort
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Valid for stays until October 30, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability; not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests; up to three extra persons may be added to reservation for $50.00/person/night
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- 10% taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- No guests under the age of 5 are allowed
- Airfare not included
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 30, 2013 • Enjoy By October 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms