Conquering the Rapids and Trails of Utah
Dinosaur River Expeditions • Vernal, UT
- A Four-Day, Three-Night Guided Rafting Trip for One from Gates of Lodore to Split Mountain, Departing July 10, July 21, or August 31 ($479)
- Or, a Four-Day, Three-Night Guided Rafting Trip for One from Deer Lodge to Split Mountain, Departing May 24 or ($479)
- Or, a Five-Day, Four-Night Guided Rafting Trip for One from Deer Lodge to Split Mountain, Departing June 1 ($499)
- All Meals and Equipment Included
- Round-Trip Shared Transportation from Put-In to Take-Out
Surrounded by the splendor of Northeastern Utah's Steinaker and Red Fleet State Parks, Vernal is an Old West outpost where cowboy and dinosaur histories collide. Here, you can explore shops full of fossils by day and hear stories of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid by night. After rafting, hiking, and biking in the nearby Uinta Mountains, head to Dinosaur National Monument. Located on the border between Colorado and Utah, the attraction boasts the Dinosaur Quarry Exhibit Hall—home to 1,500 fossils—as well as several thick canyons and majestic rock formations cut by the Green and Yampa rivers.
Explore Vernal's pioneer sites and prehistoric delights by way of an educational rafting trip via the folks from Dinosaur River Expeditions.
day 1: Start your adventure by meeting your guides and fellow travelers at 7 a.m. before departing for the water. Once you arrive at the loading station, prepare for a day of adrenaline-pumping whitewater rapids and relaxing hikes before setting up a comfortable camp under the stars. When it comes to mouthwatering grub, this locally operated company treats your tastebuds to freshly prepared meals like lasagna and peach cobbler.
days 2 and 3: Begin each day with a hot breakfast at sunrise before alternating between exhilarating rafting and panoramic hiking adventures. You'll also have plenty of time to kick back at your own pace. Cast a line into the river or simply relax shoreside.
days 4 and 5: Visit Rainbow Park and Island Park before rafting through Split Mountain Canyon, which includes a few of the Green River's exhilarating rapids. Guests opting for the five-day trip will enjoy an extended journey with an extra night by the Dinosaur National Monument. Later, savor lunch on the beach before boarding the shuttle back to Vernal.
"The guides were very attentive to every member of the group and went out of their way to see that young and old alike had a positive experience."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through August 31, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Voucher does not include airfare
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee and guide gratuity not included; payable directly to the property
- Upgrades available; please inquire with merchant at time of booking reservation
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Sleeping kits available for $40 per person; sleeping kit includes includes sleeping bag, pad, pillow, and one tent for two or more people
- Dinosaur River Expeditions is an authorized Concessionaire of the National Park Service
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2013 • Enjoy By August 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings