Mountain Rustic Meets Eco Chic in Tahoe
968 Park Hotel • South Lake Tahoe, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($79) or Fridays or Saturdays ($99)
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two in a Deluxe Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($89) or Fridays or Saturdays ($109)
- Complimentary Pretzel Bread or Frites at the Himmel House
- 20% Off One Massage
- 20% Off Bottles of Wine
Lake Tahoe—the largest alpine lake in North America and the second-deepest lake in the country—is simply the centerpiece of the region, a sparkling lapis lazuli on California's pinkie ring. Surrounding it is the highest concentration of ski areas on the continent, a gamer's paradise just over the border in Nevada, and a number of historical sites steeped in Gold Rush lore. And those are just a few of the gems. Add to that a handful of excellent restaurants, a few family-owned wineries, and the kind of country hospitality you won't find in the city, and it's no wonder Tahoe is the state's premier hub for recreation.
One of the newest additions to Lake Tahoe's South Shore—and the greenest hotel in the area—968 Park Hotel sits right across the street from the gondola at Heavenly. On-site, you'll find a heated outdoor pool as well as a hot tub, while the inside is done up in eco-modern fashion, with Douglas fir and recycled metals creating a look that's more than just stylish—it helped the property to become LEED compliant and earn a four Eco-Leaf rating from iStayGreen. Each of the 58 rustic-meets-modern rooms come complete with biodegradable bath amenities, an EnergyStar LCD TV, free Wi-Fi, and organic linens. While designed to reduce your carbon footprint, all the usual hotel amenities are still intact.
Downstairs at the 968 Spa, massage therapists use natural, vegan, and organic lotions and oils to work out kinks and relax muscles. Once you're loose and limber, head for Himmel Haus, South Lake's premier spot for hearty German fare, excellent craft beer, and live entertainment. At some point during your stay, pop into Picchetti Winery. Established in 1896, it's one of the oldest wineries in California and offers flights for $10 apiece.
"Everything is eco-modern and fits in seamlessly with its Tahoe surroundings (lots of wood décor constructed from all-natural materials). Service is stellar, and you're presented with a complimentary beer or glass of wine upon arrival."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Valid for stays until June 21, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability; not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Spa appointment times are required and suggested that reservations are made as far in advance as possible
- Vouchers include Complimentary Pretzel Bread or Frites at the Himmel House, 20% Off One Massage, and 20% Off Bottles of Wine
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 21, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 21, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 21, 2013 • Enjoy By June 21, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 44% savings