A Taste of Culture in London and Paris
Premium Tours • London, United Kingdom
- A Five-Night Tour of London and Paris for Two People ($739 per Person)* or One Person ($1,135), Including:
- Three Nights in a Standard Room at the Grange Strathmore Hotel in London with Two Continental Breakfast
- Two Nights in a Standard Room at the Mercure Paris Terminus Nord in Paris with Two Buffet Breakfasts
- Round-Trip Eurostar High-Speed Rail Transit from London to Paris
- Harrods Vintage Bus Tour of London with Cruise on the River Thames and Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- Voucher for a Cruise on the River Seine from Bateaux Parisiens
- *Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
London. Nearly 2,000 years ago, it was a bustling city of 60,000 and the capital of the Roman province of Britannia. Today it remains a capital city, though its influence reaches far beyond the borders of Great Britain and its population tops eight million. A mecca for fine art, fashion, and food, this teeming megalopolis is arguably the world's financial and entertainment capital. Even the World's Game has taken hold here, just ask the football—not "soccer"—fans: London's storied clubs leave their American counterparts in the dust.
Calling Paris "romantic" is a bit like calling the Eiffel Tower "tall"—true, but there's much more to it than that. The city is less about its landmarks than the way it feels to be there: your heart can't help but swell as you stroll along the Seine or watch the Eiffel Tower lights flicker on. At the Louvre, don't be surprised to spot a stunning woman through the crowd. Meet her beguiling eyes once, and you'll fall in love with the Mona Lisa forever. Cafés, bistros, brasseries, patisseries, and creperies beckon at every corner; while the haute storefronts of the Champs-Élysées make it the world's most fashionable street. Fifth Avenue, are you taking notes?
You'll experience the rich cultures of both London and Paris with this five-day trip, courtesy of Premium Tours.
day 1: Arrive and check in at the Grange Strathmore Hotel in South Kensington, London. You'll spend two nights in a Standard Room at this meticulously restored townhouse that once belonged to the Queen's grandfather, the Earl of Strathmore.
day 2: Wake in the morning to a continental breakfast, then set out on a four-hour Harrods Vintage Bus Tour of London. See the sights from your seat on a 50-year-old, double-decker Harrods bus painted vintage green and gold.
You'll begin with stops at Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, the London Eye, and Westminster Abbey, where you'll get out to snap photos like so many did during the royal wedding. From here, you're off to St. Paul's Cathedral and the Tower of London, repository of the Crown Jewels guarded by the famed Beefeaters. Stop for pictures, then move on to the Tower Pier to catch a leisurely cruise on the River Thames, sailing by Cleopatra's Needle, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, and the London Bridge.
You'll disembark at Westminster Pier and board the bus on your way to Buckingham Palace in time to watch the Changing of the Guard. On days that the guard does not change, you'll instead watch the inspection of the Queen's household cavalry. Finally, you'll arrive at Harrods, the iconic department store in Knightsbridge and take leave to shop and explore at your leisure. In the evening, return to the Grange Strathmore Hotel for a restful sleep.
day 3: Rise early and head for St Pancras railway station to catch the Eurostar high-speed rail bound for Paris. You'll arrive before noon at the Gare du Nord rail station, located directly across the street from the Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, where you'll spend the next two nights in a Standard Room. Once you drop off your things, the balance of the day is yours to do as you please. Feel free to use your voucher for an hour-long cruise tour on the Seine at any time; just find the the Bateaux Parisiens kiosk at the Eiffel Tower pier and choose your departure.
day 4: Rise and shine with an American buffet breakfast, then enjoy a free day exploring beautiful Paris. Your hotel's proximity to the Gare du Nord puts all of Paris right at your fingertips.
day 5: You'll have the last morning in Paris to enjoy an American buffet breakfast and cross off what remains on your must-see list. That afternoon, return to the Gare du Nord to catch the Eurostar high-speed rail back to London. You'll overnight in a Standard Room at the Grange Strathmore Hotel.
day 6: Following a continental breakfast, check out of the Grange Strathmore Hotel and bid goodbye to London—for now.
Arrivals on Thursdays from April 18 to December 19, 2013
"London is as much about high-density, sight-packed exploration and urban dynamism as it is about wide-open spaces and leafy escapes. Even in the centre of town, you’ll find a city dappled with a well-tended array of parks and gardens."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and December 23, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Inquiries and questions should be directed to Premium Tours at firstname.lastname@example.org; please allow 24 hours for a response, do not call the hotel directly
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $395
- Children 2–12 staying in the same room with two adults (no discount if only one adult) are $399 and children 13 and up are $699
- Voucher includes daily breakfasts, round-trip Eurostar high-speed rail transit from London to Paris, Harrods vintage bus tour of London with cruise on the River Thames and Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace and a voucher for a cruise on the River Seine from Bateaux Parisiens
- Airfare not included
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 23, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 23, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 23, 2013 • Enjoy By December 23, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 40% savings