Soak Up Spring by the Pool in San Diego
Handlery Hotel San Diego • San Diego, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Double Room
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two in a Standard King Room
Though still the site of a Naval base, San Diego has come a long way from its buttoned-up brass roots. Today, its ports share space with trendy yachts and sailboats, and military-style buildings are outnumbered by modern skyscrapers that scream style. Almost always a balmy 75 degrees, San Diego is a land of perpetual sun, and its residents have made a lifestyle of playing outside—from the surfing culture along the Pacific shoreline to the outdoor cafés and bars that line the vibrant Gaslight District, San Diego's current mission is to capture joie de vivre.
About five miles north of the city center in Mission Valley, the Handlery Hotel San Diego—fresh off a 2010 renovation that transformed the property inside and out—offers complimentary shuttle service to a number of area attractions, including Old Town, Fashion Valley Mall, and SeaWorld.
At the center of this family-owned hotel, which opened in 1954, is a large heated pool and hot tub lined with sun chairs, palm trees, and a bar and grill beneath palm-thatch umbrellas. Inside, Spanish tile floors and sleek modern furniture adorn the lobby, while Handlery's 217 guest rooms feature a number of updated amenities, including a 37-inch flat-screen TV and a work desk with ergonomic chair. All rooms are equipped with complimentary wireless Internet.
The hotel is also home to a family-friendly restaurant and a lounge. At the helm of Postcards American Bistro is an award-winning chef who elevates straightforward comfort food—from meat loaf with ancho ketchup and roasted red bliss potatoes, to smoked gouda mac 'n' cheese with truffle oil—to new, sophisticated heights. At evening's end, indulge in a nightcap at the 950 Lounge, which features live entertainment and even a movie night, plus classic and contemporary cocktails, wine, and local craft beer.
"From check-in to checkout this was a friendly, enjoyable stay. Staff were all helpful, rooms were clean and comfortable, and the shuttle bus service was fantastic. The front desk staff deserve a special mention."-- TripAdvisor
the fine print
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in
- Reservation Name must match the name on the traveler's photo identification, which must be presented at check-in. Bookings are nontransferable.
- Escapes Bookings are only valid for the date(s) purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates; Escapes Bookings are subject to forfeiture
- Escapes Bookings expire on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email. You must redeem your Escapes Booking on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email
- Valid for up to 2 guests
- Taxes/resort fees not included and payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the hotel property are not included
- No refunds allowed
- Not valid on existing reservations or room block stays
- Escapes Bookings must be used in a single visit and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
- Other standard terms and conditions may apply; visit www.livingsocial.com/terms for more information
- Other conditions apply
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
from $0* /night
detailsStandard Double guest rooms set the standard in affordable luxury with these amenities: 37-inch flat-screen TV with 40 channels, ergonomic desk chair, complimentary wireless Internet, a radio alarm clock with MP3 connection, mini fridge, coffee brewer with complimentary coffee and tea, hair dryer, iron, and ironing board. Max Occupancy: 2room rates from $standard double$ $105 avg/night
detailsStandard King guest rooms set the standard in affordable luxury with these amenities: 37-inch flat-screen TV with 40 channels, ergonomic desk chair, complimentary wireless Internet, a radio alarm clock with MP3 connection, mini fridge, coffee brewer with complimentary coffee and tea, hair dryer, iron, and ironing board. Max Occupancy: 2room rates from $standard king$ $105 avg/night
(includes taxes and fees)