A Boutique Night in Gotham by the Bay
Cartwright Hotel Union Square • San Francisco, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Room with One Queen Bed or Two Twins
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two in a Room with One King Bed and a Sofa Sleeper
- Book Up to Two Consecutive Nights
There, in the thick of downtown—where high-end boutiques flourish, top-caliber dining is just an alley away, and citizens of the world coalesce in a cosmopolitan bustle—lies Union Square. But we aren't talking about New York. Here, in the country's second most densely populated city, San Francisco's Union Square one-ups the Big Apple with iconic cable cars, Canary Island date palms, and stunning views of downtown and the bay from atop the city's famous hills.
Start your oh-so urban getaway at Cartwright Hotel Union Square in a leather chair next to the fireplace. Rooms are adorned with rich wood accents and a cream color palette, and they're outfitted with a FeatherBorne bed, a flat-screen TV, and a work desk. And the bathroom is stocked with luxurious Lather bath and body products.
Cabs in San Francisco aren't as plentiful as their New York counterparts, but who needs 'em when you're stationed in the middle of it all? Make reservations for dinner at Gitane, hidden in a narrow alleyway just off Union Square. Says Chronicle food critic Michael Bauer: It's "the most romantic getaway in the Bay Area." After dinner, catch a show at any number of nearby theaters, including SF Playhouse Theatre, Curran Theatre, and American Conservatory Theater are all within five blocks of the hotel.
In the morning, after brunch (at nearby Harry Denton's Starlight room if you're there on a Sunday—trust us), peruse the dozens of upscale shopping options on nearby Maiden Lane, from national scene-stealers like Christian Dior and Marc Jacobs to local stars like Azadeh.
If New York is the Big Apple, then San Francisco is the Big Grape. Squeeze the last drops out of your urban Escape with a tasting or two at Press Club on Market Street, home to a rotating coterie of vintners from around the Bay Area.
"More than location and historical aspects, the staff's wonderful welcoming presence make this hotel an amazing experience."-- TripAdvisor
the fine print
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in
- Reservation Name must match the name on the traveler's photo identification, which must be presented at check-in. Bookings are nontransferable.
- Escapes Bookings are only valid for the date(s) purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates; Escapes Bookings are subject to forfeiture
- Escapes Bookings expire on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email. You must redeem your Escapes Booking on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email
- Valid for up to 4 guests
- Taxes/resort fees not included and payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the hotel property are not included
- No refunds allowed
- Not valid on existing reservations or room block stays
- Escapes Bookings must be used in a single visit and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
- Other standard terms and conditions may apply; visit www.livingsocial.com/terms for more information
- Other conditions apply
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms