A New Perspective on History in China
Rewards Travel China • Beijiing, China
- An Eight-Day Trip to Beijing and Xi'an ($1,299 to $1,499 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from Chicago O'Hare, Seattle-Tacoma, LAX, or SFO Airports to Beijing International Airport
- Round-Trip Domestic Flights from Beijing International Airport to Xi'an Xianyang International Airport
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation by Air-Conditioned Tour Bus
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Beijing International Hotel and Three Nights at Titan Times Hotel
- Sightseeing Tours of Beijing and Xi'an with English-Speaking Guide Throughout
- Six Breakfasts and Three Lunches
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, and Admissions Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
With more than 5,000 years of history, 3.7 million square miles of land, and one billion people, China is a difficult country to summarize. Still, there's no better place to start than its capital city: Beijing. Here, travelers can see the past reflected in the stony towers of the Great Wall of China, or catch a glimpse of the future in the space-age architecture of the Beijing National Stadium, the site of the 2008 Summer Olympics. From strolling the open expanses of the Forbidden City to watching giant pandas roll in the snow at the Beijing Zoo, new experiences are in endless supply.
More than 600 miles southwest of Beijing lies Xi'an, which served as the Chinese capital for 13 different dynasties—including Zhou, Han, and Tang—over 3,100 years of documented history. Today, the city is considered one of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China and claims a marvelous collection of Tang-style architecture as well as the world-famous Terracotta Army, unearthed in 1974. Xi'an became a major city a full millenium before the rise of the Roman Empire, and archaeological evidence shows that humans inhabited the area 486,000 years before appearing in Rome.
See the China of antiquity and today with this eight-day tour of Beijing and Xi'an, courtesy of Rewards Travel China.*
day 1: Board your overnight flight from the US to Beijing. You'll lose a calendar day crossing the International Date Line, but get it back on your return flight.
day 2: Touch down in Beijing, where a Rewards Travel China representative will meet you for the transfer to the Beijing International Hotel—your posh digs for the next three nights.
day 3: After breakfast in the morning, you'll head out to tour Beijing's historic sites. On the dockett for the day are visits to the Forbidden City and Tianamen Square, as well as the hutong—tight alleys running between traditional courtyard homes—of old Beijing. Break for lunch, then set off to visit the Summer Palace and the Pearl Factory, where you can purchase authentic Chinese pearls of all shapes and sizes.
day 4: Following a busy day 3, today will be yours to spend as you please. Start with breakfast at the hotel and then explore on your own, or inquire about optional tours.
day 5: In store for your last day in Beijing is breakfast followed by a trip to the Temple of Heaven, where you'll speak with residents and observe daily tai chi, kung fu, and dance rituals. Pause for lunch, then visit Wang Fu Jing Street—a scenic area with well-preserved old Beijing residences and fabulous dining—for shopping and a smorgasbord of dinner options ranging from street food to fine restaurants. In the evening, catch an overnight flight to Xi'an.
day 6: Arrive in Xi'an, where you'll lodge at the Titan Times Hotel for three evenings. The day begins with breakfast at the hotel followed by a morning excursion to the Shaanxi Historical Museum, styled after Tang Dynasty architecture. From there, you'll head to the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, a seven-story Buddhist pagoda built in 652 that has become a symbol for the city. After lunch, the next stop brings you to the large and impressive Tang Paradise, an attraction celebrating the culture of the Tang Dynasty.
day 7: After two-straight days of sightseeing, you'll enjoy one free of scheduled activities. Sit down to a leisurely breakfast, then spend the day as you choose or inquire about optional tours.
day 8: Rise and shine with a final breakfast in Xi'an before heading to the airport for your return flight to Beijing International Airport. From there, you'll board an overnight flight back to the US.
ORD departures: September 3, September 10, September 19, October 12, October 19, October 26 ($1,499 per person); November 2, November 9, November 16 ($1,399 per person); November 24 ($1,299 per person)
LAX, SFO, and SEA departures: October 12, October 19, October 26 ($1,499 per person); November 2, November 9, November 16 ($1,399 per person)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
"Long before the country—and other countries—kowtowed to Beijing, there was Cháng’ān: a thriving city of emperors, courtesans, poets, monks, merchants and soldiers; a place where Chinese culture reached an apogee of creativity and sophistication."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by May 8, 2013
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $300
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher includes Round-Trip Domestic Flights from Beijing International Airport to Xi'an Xianyang International Airport, Round-Trip Ground Transportation, Three Nights at Beijing International Hotel and Three Nights at Titan Times Hotel, Sightseeing Tours of Beijing and Xi'an with English-Speaking Guide Throughout, Six Breakfasts and Three Lunches, Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, and Admissions Fees Included
- Voucher does not include processing of China Visa ($190 per US passport), other medical insurance, trip cancellation insurance, and gratuities of $100 per person
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking; subject to availability
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 1, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 1, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 1, 2013 • Enjoy By December 1, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 62% savings