Outside San Diego, Luxury in Apple Country
Orchard Hill Country Inn • Julian, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in Select Lodge Rooms, Sundays through Thursdays ($254)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in Select Cottage Rooms, Fridays and Saturdays ($397)
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Four Nights
An hour east of San Diego in the Cuyamaca Mountains, the former gold-mining town of Julian is now Southern California's premier apple-growing region. A sleepy hamlet that's held onto its historical roots—and has been designated an official California Historical Landmark—Julian offers visitors a trip back in time. Here, you can hitch a horse-drawn carriage down Main Street, tour the old mines, and sample the region's famous apples, all in a single day. Still, there's no lack of sophistication in this quaint little town, with several nearby wineries offering tastings and a few noteworthy restaurants serving upscale seasonal cuisine.
It's all within reach at the AAA Four Diamond-rated Orchard Hill Country Inn. This Craftsman-style hotel—a 22-room boutique property with a touch of European flair—features seasonal gardens and sweeping views of the valley below, not to mention a high-end restaurant serving local, organic California cuisine.
Opt for a Lodge Room and you'll have your choice of seven beautiful accommodations (2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, or 10). Each features a queen-size bed and is uniquely quaint in its country décor, with different details like plaid pillows, rose wallpaper, and colorful linens.
Meanwhile, each available Cottage Room (Gladstone, Annie Elizabeth, Bess Pool, Jonagold, Valmore, and McIntosh) is decorated with the same charming touches and appointed with a porch, patio, or deck. Many of the rooms also feature a whirlpool tub in the bathroom.
Pack a picnic and head for the hills, home to an array of native wildlife, such as migrating turkeys, bobcats, and deer. Or, explore miles upon miles of hiking trails outside Julian. In town, check out the Julian Hard Cider Miners' Saloon for a tart alcoholic elixir, or go for a tasting at Orfila Vineyards or J. Jenkins Winery. At night, tuck into organic free-range Jamaican chicken with mango salsa and a glass of local wine at the inn's superb restaurant.
"On a hill above town, this lodge and five Craftsman-style cottages have a sweeping view of the countryside and offer luxurious accommodations..."-- Read Fodor's Review of Orchard Hill Country Inn
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Valid for stays until September 26, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must book by August 30, 2013; not valid toward existing, room block, or group reservations
- Must be 18 years or older to check in
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Children and infants welcome, but only 2 guests per room total, no matter what ages; for safety reasons, children 4 and under are not permitted in lodge rooms
- No pets allowed
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Lodge rooms may be upgraded for weekend travel for $49/night and payable to hotel; may update midweek to Cottage rooms for $100, payable to hotel
- Blackout dates include May 24-27
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 26, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 26, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 26, 2013 • Enjoy By September 26, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms