Spring on the Shores of Big Bear Lake
Big Bear Vacations • Big Bear Lake, CA
- A Two-Night ($195) or Three-Night ($288) Stay for Up to Four Guests in a Basic Mountain Cabin
- Or, a Two-Night ($230) or Three-Night ($318) Stay for Up Four Guests in a Basic Mountain Cabin, with Two Fishing Rods, Two Reels, and Two Tackle Boxes from Big Bear Lake Sporting Goods
- Includes Damage Waiver and Resort Booking Fee
- Not Included: $100 Fee for Tax and Cleaning
Big Bear Lake is Southern California's premier four-season playground. Less than two hours from Los Angeles, this rustic mountain town features ponderosa pines in place of palm trees and pick-up trucks instead of convertibles, with visitors from around the region flocking here to hike the San Bernardino Mountains, fish and waterski on the alpine lake, and soak up the serenity of the backcountry.
Courtesy of Big Bear Vacations, you'll get your choice of more than 100 two-bedroom cabins and homes around the area. Some of these fully equipped properties come with pool tables, game rooms, and spacious decks, while others make for cozy hideaways with wood-burning fireplaces and outdoor hot tubs. Awaken each day in your spacious abode and sip a cup of coffee while you make breakfast in the kitchen.
Guests who opt for the fishing package will want to make their way to Big Bear Lake Sporting Goods, situated on the south shore of the lake. They'll set you up with all the equipment you'll need—and give you a few pointers—to reel in rainbow trout, catfish, and crappie, among other species.
Before you set out to explore, drop into the Big Bear Discovery Center to learn a bit about the area. There is plenty of hiking to suit all fitness levels here, with the 2.4-mile Castle Rock Trail offering stunning views and a bit of elevation gain and the Cougar Crest Trail upping the ante to 5 miles. Mountain biking is hugely popular here too, with more than 100 miles of trails winding through the area.
At some point, find your way to the Big Bear Alpine Zoo. Situated in the mountains of the San Bernardino National Forest, the zoo serves as a rehabilitation center for orphaned and injured animals. There, you'll encounter a variety of wildlife, from bears and bobcats to owls and eagles—even an arctic fox.
If you're looking to indulge in a night on the town, begin with dinner at Peppercorn Grille, a casually upscale steakhouse and Italian restaurant that's popular with locals. Then, grab a lane at The Bowling Barn, featuring a sports bar, glow bowling, and computerized scoring.
"The weather is nearly always perfect at this 7,000-foot-plus elevation: If you want proof, ask CalTech, which operates a solar observatory here to take advantage of nearly 300 days of sunshine per year."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Valid for stays until June 30, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability; not valid toward existing
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 4 guests; children are allowed
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Vouchers include property rent fee, damage waiver and resort booking fee
- Taxes and cleaning fee totaling $100 not included; payable directly to the property
- Pet friendly properties are available
- Upgrades are available for larger or more luxurious vacation rentals
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2013 • Enjoy By June 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings