A Sweet Retreat in Historic Port Hope
Plantation House Bed & Breakfast • Port Hope, Canada
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Luxury King or Queen Guest Room
- Three-Course Gourmet Breakfast for Two
- Free Parking and Wi-Fi
- Evening Dessert with Coffee and Tea for two
- Early 2 p.m. Check-In
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Two Nights
Drive less than an hour from Toronto, up the shores of Lake Ontario and into the town of Port Hope, and you'll encounter a place that time forgot. Recently voted Best Destination in Canada by Reader's Digest, the city is now home to about 16,000 residents. But its particularly slow growth in the late 19th and early 20th centuries resulted in downtown Port Hope retaining its roots. Today, 300-plus structures bear historical significance, more than anywhere else in the country, while the town's location at the confluence of the Ganaraska River and Lake Ontario give outdoor enthusiasts as much to look forward to as their culture-vulture counterparts.
Built in 1840, the Plantation House Bed & Breakfast is one of these beautifully preserved structures, featuring a brick facade, original hardwood flooring, and mint-condition period furnishings to match. It's just steps from the downtown historical district, though much of the property has been renovated to provide guests with modern amenities and conveniences—a cozy sun room, for example, and a totally remodeled kitchen.
Guest rooms also retain the rich history of decades past, with armoires and other antique furnishings adorning the space. And in the subway-tile bathroom, you'll find a Jacuzzi tub and Crabtree & Evelyn bath amenities. Breakfast each morning, served in the sun room or on the porch overlooking the gardens, is a three-course gourmet delight, much of it made from local and seasonal ingredients sourced at the farmers' market.
"Port Hope is a great place to get away and its greatest asset is its people. If you're suspicious of the locals' easy smiles, well, don't be. It's just that they really are a happy bunch and truly pleased to meet you."-- Reader's Digest
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between May 1 and September 30, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2013 • Enjoy By September 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 46% savings