A Window to Ancient China
China Travel CA • Beijing, China
- A Nine-Day Trip to Beijing, Suzhou, Hangzhou, and Shanghai, Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from New York, Houston, Los Angeles, or Vancouver to Beijing and Domestic Flights from Beijing to Shanghai via Air China
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Hotels and Itinerary Destinations
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, One Night at Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou, One Night at Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort, and Two Nights at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel
- Seven Buffet Breakfasts, Four Lunches, and Three Dinners
- English-Speaking Tour Guide Throughout
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, Admissions, and Accident Insurance Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
A multifaceted, modern country with more than 5,000 years of history, China is difficult to capture in words. From the mega metropolises of Beijing and Shanghai on the east coast to the large expanses of bucolic farmland that roll west toward the Himalayas, this massive county is home to more than one billion people. Travelers can see the past reflected in the solid gaze of a jade Buddha and the stony towers of the Great Wall of China, or catch a glimpse of the future in the space-age architecture of the Beijing National Stadium, the site of the 2008 Summer Olympics. Between strolling the open expanses of the Forbidden City and watching giant pandas roll in the snow at the famous Beijing Zoo, every visit to this vast land is the trip of a lifetime.
Let the experts of China Travel CA open the door to a whole world of history and culture with this nine-day tour of Beijing, Suzhou, Hangzhou, and Shanghai.
day 1: Take off on an overnight, non-stop flight from the US to Beijing, crossing the International Date Line. You'll lose a calendar day here, but get it back on your return flight.
day 2: Arrive in Beijing, where you'll be escorted from the airport to the Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, your home for the next three nights.
day 3: Your time in the Chinese capital begins with a full-day tour of iconic Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Summer Palace. Along the way, you'll stroll beside Lake Kunming and stop at the Pearl Factory for an introduction to freshwater pearls.
day 4: Hike along the Great Wall of China, beginning at Juyongguan Pass. After your walk, you'll explore the Jade Museum to learn the rich history of jade carving followed by a visit to the Beijing Zoo to see the giant pandas. Your evening brings a Peking duck feast.
day 5: You'll catch a flight to Shanghai in the morning, where you'll explore Shanghai Old Street. From here, catch a bus to Suzhou—nicknamed "Venice of the East"—to wander the 1,100-year-old Shan Tang Street. You'll spend the evening at the Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou.
day 6: Visit the Lingering Garden, a classical Chinese garden recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then it's off to the Silk Spinning Factory to learn about the art of silk work. You'll board an afternoon bus to Hangzhou—one of the seven capitals of ancient China and famed for its tea—and take a small boat out on the West Lake for views of the willow-draped islands and centuries-old Su Causeway. Spend the night at the Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort.
day 7: Begin your day at the Green Tea Village before catching a ride back to Shanghai. There, you'll stop at the Bund, a historic waterfront district running along the western bank of the Huangpu River, and the Gem Exhibition Center. You'll spend the next two evenings at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel.
day 8: Enjoy a free day to explore Shanghai.
day 9: You'll be driven to the airport to board a flight returning to the US.
Los Angeles (LAX) departures: July 10 ($1,899); September 9 ($1,699); October 13 ($1,699); December 1 ($1,399); December 2 ($999)
New York (JFK) departures: September 2 ($1,799); September 9 ($1,799); November 25 ($1,599); December 2 ($1,499)
Houston (IAH) departures: September 4 ($2,099); October 9 ($2,099)
Vancouver (YVR) departures: September 10 ($1,799); October 8 ($1,799)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
"I'm in China right now having the time of my life on this tour. Would strongly recommend it. My travel companions and I are blown away by the value we have received with this trip. Unbelievable on all accounts!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; book by May 24 for the July 10 trip, for all other groups, book by May 31
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see www.intertrips.com/new/terms.html; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Double Occupancy: rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $420
- Voucher includes round-trip ground transportation from the airport to hotels and itinerary destinations, double-occupancy accommodations for three nights at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, one night at Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou, one night at Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort, two nights at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel, seven buffet breakfasts, four lunches, three dinners, an English-speaking tour guide throughout, airline taxes, fuel surcharges, hotel fees, admissions, and accident insurance
- Voucher does not include processing of China Visa ($140 Chinese Consulate and $39 by China Travel International for US passport holders and Chinese Consulate charge of C$83.6 per Canadian Passport for single entry visa) other medical insurance, trip cancellation insurance, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, gratuities of $8 per person per day and any costs not specified as included
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- All deal components must be redeemed during one trip; voucher cannot be used for only room and ticket or return flight will be canceled
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 20, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 20, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 20, 2013 • Enjoy By December 20, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 69% savings