Cooking Getaway on the Italian Coast
Epitourean • San Lazzaro, Italy
- A Seven-Day Trip to Italy from Now to October 31, Including:
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Naples International Airport to Hotel and Sightseeing Destinations
- Accommodations for Six Nights at Nido Degli Dei, Agerola, Campania, Italy
- Six Breakfasts, Five Lunches, and Six Dinners
- All Cooking Classes and Day Trips
- Priced per Person (See Fine Print)
From uber-rich mozzarella to buttery gnocchi, Italy's contribution to mouthwatering foodstuffs is second to none. A veritable utopia for pillowy pastas and savory sauces, this ancient European destination has been dishing out zesty cuisine since the 4th-century BC, so it's no surprise that countless chefs have devoted their careers to unearthing the country's signature flavors.
Located on the southern coast of the Sorrentine Peninsula, the Amalfi Coast is the perfect place to fine-tune your cooking skills and tap into the trade secrets of the Italian people. In this stunning seaside region of Southern Italy, residents specialize in catching a variety of seafood and crafting pastas from scratch. Plus, the landscape's mild Mediterranean climate makes it ideal for cultivating lemons and the syrupy sweet—but dangerously potent—limoncello liqueur.
Grab your apron; with this seven-day Escape from Epitourean, you can learn from these culinary experts first-hand:
Day 1: Touch down at the Naples International Airport, where a hotel representative will accompany you to your Italian home in Agerola for the next seven days. En route, enjoy an introductory sightseeing tour. Upon your arrival at the gorgeous Nido Degli Dei, you'll have the day to explore the property at your leisure. Take a stroll through the manicured gardens, or sip a glass of wine while taking in views of the Amalfi Coast. Later, meet your fellow guests during a welcome dinner.
Day 2: Say ciao to your first full day in Italy with a breakfast buffet before visiting a local vineyard for a tour and lesson on wine and olive oil production. Before heading back to the hotel, peruse the area's family-owned shops or visit a traditional Italian restaurant. During this evening's cooking class, you'll craft bruschetta with home-grown veggies and herbs, tagliatelle with a slow-cooked Neapolitan ragu, taralli and biscottato with fresh cheeses, and a delicious dessert featuring fresh fruit.
Day 3: Breeze through a bountiful breakfast before visiting an Agerola mozzarella producer, where you'll taste a variety of cheeses, wines, and breads while learning how the area's delicious fior di latte is produced. Tonight's cooking class will cover zeppole agerolese—traditional deep-fried fritters with vegetables—followed by handmade paccheri pasta with eggplant and provolone shavings, as well as chicken with lemon and potatoes. Polish off the evening with a slice of local walnut cake.
Day 4: Today, you'll explore the enchanting ruins of Pompeii. After being buried beneath burning ashes during the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD, the famed ruins were rediscovered in the 18th century. Later, your guide will treat you to lunch and a trip to a local ice cream spot. In this evening's cooking class you'll make gnocchi alla sorrentina, pork loin in white wine, and a selection of grilled vegetables. Dessert is a sinfully sweet ricotta and pear tart.
Day 5: How you spend today is up to you. Relax in your accommodations, head to one of the local viewpoints for breathtaking panoramas of the coast, or take a trek along the "Path of the Gods." Linguine with porcini mushrooms, veal scaloppini with white wine, and stuffed vegetables are on the menu this evening. Finish dinner with lemon cake, a platter of fresh seasonal fruit, and limoncello.
Day 6: Begin with breakfast at home before boarding a private boat that will cruise around the coastline's inlets and small beaches. Lunch will be enjoyed on-board, along with plenty of beer and wine. This evening's cooking class includes cannelloni stuffed with ricotta and buffalo mozzarella, rabbit baked in lemon leaves, and fresh veggies. Later, tiramisu will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Day 7: Head to Naples International Airport to board your return flight home.
For more information, view the Epitourean detailed itinerary.
"Stretching along the southern side of the Sorrentine Peninsula, the Amalfi Coast is one of Europe’s most breathtaking. Cliffs terraced with scented lemon groves sheer down into sparkling waters, where sea and sky merge in one vast blue horizon."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Flights are not included
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by May 26, 2013
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture, www.epitourean.com/Reservation/ContactAndBilling.aspx
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $500
- Voucher does not include Passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, airfare to Rome and 10% tax are not included in package, any costs not specified as included
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Taxes of 10% are not included; payable at booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other date
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 31, 2013 • Enjoy By October 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms