A Taste of Spain: Madrid, Barcelona, y Sevilla
go-today • Madrid, Spain
- An Eight-Day Trip to Madrid, Barcelona, and Seville ($1,799 to $2,499 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from New York, Washington, or Los Angeles to Spain
- One-Way Domestic Flight from Madrid to Barcelona
- Round-Trip Tourist Class Ticket for AVE High-Speed Train to Seville
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at the Hotel Husa Princesa Madrid (or Similar) and Three Nights at the HCC St. Moritz Barcelona (or Similar)
- Six Breakfasts
- Seville City Tour with Local Guide
- Half-Day Gaudí Sightseeing Tour
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, and Entrance Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Ah, Madrid, where to start? Sure, it's Spain's capital and most populous city, but there's an urgency to these streets that make it much more than that. "Madrid is an ex-convent schoolgirl, a rebellious teenager who pushed the boundaries of hedonism and then grew up and got sophisticated without ever forgetting how to have fun," says Lonely Planet. Fabulous art galleries, rollicking nightlife, decadent restaurants—folks here are ravenous for the good life, and they're not content to wait for it. Sightseeing (the Prado, anyone?) and people-watching overlap in Madrid, and that's if you're not pulled into the action by enthusiastic locals, most of whom came here seeking what you did: a place to get excited about.
Some 400 miles east of Madrid on the shores of the Mediterranean, whimsical Barcelona is a sanctuary for the avant-garde. This beach town metropolis is famous for morphing into a cutting-edge dance floor for late-night revelers. With an abundance of gothic architecture and a creative culture, Catalonia's capital by the sea has earned its position as the fourth-most visited city in Europe—not that Barcelona takes that stuff very seriously. Nope, all that really matters here is that the sun is shining and Barca is winning.
These two versions of Spain await on an eight-day trip to Madrid and Barcelona, courtesy of go-today.
day 1: Board your overnight flight from New York City, Washington, or Los Angeles to Madrid.
day 2: After you touch down in Madrid, make your way to the Hotel Husa Princesa Madrid (or similar). You'll spend the next three nights at this four-star property just one mile from the center of the city.
day 3: Wake bright and early to make your way to the Atocha Railway Station, where you'll catch an AVE high-speed train to Sevilla. You'll embark on a full-day tour of Sevilla, Spain's fourth-largest city. A local guide will show you landmarks like the University Building, the Royal Tobacco Factory, Plaza de España, the Palace of St. Telmo, the Gold Tower, and the Bridge of Elisabeth II over the Guadalquivir river. The tour also takes you through the narrow streets and alleyways of Barrio de Santa Cruz, Sevilla's old Jewish quarter.
The afternoon is free for you to spend however you like, with optional visits inside the Royal Alcazar and the great Cathedral. At the end of the day, return to the train station for your high-speed rail trip back to Madrid.
day 4: Today is free of scheduled activities, so you have time to explore Madrid as you please.
day 5: In the morning, you'll catch a quick domestic flight from Madrid to Barcelona, where you'll spend the next three nights at the four-star HCC St. Moritz Barcelona (or similar).
day 6: Today is yours to discover Barcelona at your own pace.
day 7: You'll start the day with a morning sightseeing tour of Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí's work throughout the city. Begin by strolling along the Passeig de Gràcia, Barcelona's principle shopping street on which you'll find the Gaudí houses, Casa Batlló and La Pedrera. Last, but certainly not least, the tour brings you to the Sagrada Família, an enormous basilica designed by Gaudí. The architect died in 1926 with less than a quarter of the project finished, and a series of interruptions and obstacles have pushed the projected completion date to 2026. Nevertheless, the basilica has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
day 8: Bid farewell to Spain as you head to the Barcelona airport, catching a return flight back to the US.
New York City departures: June 18 ($2,299); July 9 ($2,199); August 13 ($2,199); September 10 ($1,899); October 22 ($1,799); November 12 ($1,799); December 10 ($1,799)
Washington, DC, departures: June 18 ($2,399); July 9 ($2,299); August 13 ($2,299); September 10 ($2,099); October 22 ($1,899); November 12 ($1,899); December 10 ($1,899)
Los Angeles departures: June 18 ($2,499); July 9 ($2,599); August 13 ($2,399); September 10 ($2,199); October 22 ($2,099); November 12 ($1,999); December 10 ($1,999)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"Barcelona has been breaking ground in art, architecture, and style since the late 19th century. From the marvels of Modernisme to the modern wonders of today, from Picasso to Susana Solano, the racing heart of Barcelona has barely skipped a beat."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by May 22, 2013
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information see www.go-today.com/gt_credit.aspx
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $500
- Voucher includes round-trip Tourist Class ticket for AVE High-Speed Train to Seville, three nights at the Hotel Husa Princesa Madrid (or Similar), three nights at the HCC St. Moritz Barcelona (or similar), six breakfasts, Seville City Tour with local guide, a half-day Gaudí Sightseeing Tour, airline taxes, fuel surcharges, hotel fees, and entrance fees
- Voucher does not include passport/visa fees, gratuities, daily Barcelona tourist tax (collected locally), personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary and any costs not specified as included
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge and will be collected at time of booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 10, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 10, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 10, 2013 • Enjoy By December 10, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 44% savings