A Flight of Fancy in the Capital of Connemara
Alcock and Brown Hotel •
- One- (€59) or Two-Night (€119) Stay for Two People in a Superior Room
- Daily Breakfast
- Bottle of Wine If Dining on a Two-Course Dinner with One-Night Stays
- Bottle of Wine on Arrival with Two-Night Stays
- €20 Dining Credit with Two-Night Stays
- Late 1 p.m. Checkout with Two-Night Stays
John Alcock and Arthur Whitten Brown could have stayed in on June 14, 1919. Instead, they hopped into a modified bomber and started the world's first non-stop transatlantic flight. Put down your cuppa and channel the heroes with your own trip worth remembering: a visit to historic Clifden, Connemara. Home to beaches and countryside, shopping and gourmet cuisine, the town is also the site of the pioneers' epic landing. So what are you waiting for? Get on board with this week's Escape to The Alcock and Brown Hotel.
Allow me to speak plane: you and your co-pilot will stay overnight at the simply elegant hotel for €59 (up to a €120 value). Alternatively, extend your flight of fancy with the same package for two nights for €119 (up to a €255 value). Either way, you'll lay your aviator helmets and goggles in a superior room complete with understated décor, en suite, TV, and tea- and coffee-making facilities— while those staying two nights will also receive a bottle of wine.
You'll fly through your inclusive breakfast at the hotel, which you'll choose from the likes of full Irish and Continental. Later, touch down at The Gallery Restaurant—so-called because it's set within the hotel's own art gallery, featuring scenic landscapes by local artists—and flyboys and girls staying for one night will receive a bottle of wine when they take a two-course meal, while those staying for two nights will make the most of their €20 dining credit.
If you're staying for two nights, late checkout means there's no need to takeoff until after 1 p.m. However long you stay though, you won't want to miss all the local activities that are worthy of your own history books: think walking along the beach or trekking in the mountains, fishing, sea angling, or scuba diving, championship golf or horse-riding, visiting landing site Derrygimlagh Bog or the nearby National Park, or discovering the many manor houses and castles with their own gripping tales of derring-do.
This Escape is for two people.
"Victorian houses and church spires rise on the horizon as you approach the town from the coast road, and the surrounding countryside offers walks through woods and above the shoreline."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (Option B must be used over consecutive nights)
- Bookings must be made at least 7 days in advance of your stay
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed between April and 30 June and 1 September to 31 October, 2013
- Voucher excludes Public or Bank Holidays and July and August stays
- Limited availability at weekends
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a superior double room
- Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Wi-Fi included
- Upgrades available; subject to availability
- Voucher includes: One- (€59) or Two-Night (€119) Stay for Two People in a Superior Room, Daily Breakfast, Bottle of Wine If Dining on a Two-Course Dinner with One-Night Stays, Bottle of Wine on Arrival with Two-Night Stays, €20 Dining Credit with Two-Night Stays, Late 1 p.m. Checkout with Two-Night Stays
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact +353 (0)95 21880 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 31, 2013 • Enjoy By October 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 51% savings