Exploring South Lake in Boutique Style
Basecamp Hotel • South Lake Tahoe, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two Guests in a King Room, or for Four Guests in a Two Queen Room, with Sunday through Wednesday Arrivals ($99) or Thursday through Saturday Arrivals ($129)
- Daily Breakfast for Four
- S'mores by the Fire Pit
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Ten Nights
Walk five minutes west and you're wading in Lake Tahoe. Walk five minutes south and you're boarding a chairlift at Heavenly. Walk five minutes east and, well, if you enjoy gambling, you can do that, too. Is there any better place from which to explore Lake Tahoe than from the aptly named Basecamp Hotel?
Brand new, boutique, and smack-dab in the middle of the Tahoe Basin, this 50-room hotel caters especially to the outdoors set, not only with its prime location just minutes from the gondola, but also with environmentally friendly business practices and a staff of savvy locals. The hotel also features a rooftop hot tub, a bar serving gourmet coffee drinks as well as microbrews, and two fire pits for nighttime revelry.
Rooms are appointed with rough-hewn wood furnishings (a log nightstand, a hand-fashioned bench) and original artwork by Bay Area native Wendy McNaughton. Each room is also equipped with a 32-inch flat-screen TV, wireless Internet, a walk-in shower, and a rack for drying and storing outdoors equipment. At night (if you stay on a Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday), you'll have the opportunity to spend a little extra for a communal dinner, where you can break bread with—and glean tips from—other explorers at the hotel.
Reach for the sky on day two with a trip up to Heavenly Mountain Resort. Take the 12-minute, 2.4-mile gondola to the top; from there you'll have expansive views of the Carson Valley as well as easy access to mountain biking and hiking trails. Or, dip a toe in the icy waters of Lake Tahoe with a paddleboard rental from South Tahoe Standup Paddle. Not only for paddleboarders, this friend of Basecamp Hotel offers a variety of watercraft for rent, from single and double kayaks to pedal boats and canoes. Just across the border you'll find several options for nightlife at the casinos and clubs of Stateline, Nevada.
"Adventure-seekers will feel right at home at this affordable, playful 50-room hotel, which was built as a place for like-minded people to mix and mingle (and there’s an inviting lobby, plus communal dinners to help make it happen)."-- Travel + Leisure
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 5 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 5 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Valid for stays until June 15, 2013
- Reservations required at least 7 days in advance and subject to availability; not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 (King room) or 4 (Double Queen) guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates include May 24-27
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 15, 2013 • Enjoy By June 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings