The Gorgeous Mosques and Ancient Treasures of Turkey
Encounters Travel •
- Eight-Day Tour of Turkey (£364 Per Person), Including:
- Start Dates on July 6, July 20, August 3, August 17, August 31, and September 14
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airport to Hotel and Itinerary Destinations
- Seven Nights of Double-Occupancy Accommodations
- Seven Breakfasts and Five Dinners
- English-Speaking Tour Guides
- Hotel Fees, Monument Entrance Fees, and Tipping Kitty Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
- Tour Includes Istanbul, Gallipoli, Canakkale, Troy, Ephesus, Kusadasi, Hierapolis, and Bursa
When it comes to exploring exotic locations, there's nothing quite like the benefit of a local expert's wisdom. That's why we've teamed up with Encounters Travel for the Taste of Turkey Tour. This eight-day package takes in everything, from the mosques of Istanbul to the ancient city of Troy all led by English-speaking guides and an itinerary that offers a real taste of this unforgettably diverse country.
day 1: Upon touch down at Istanbul airport, Encounters staff will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel in Istanbul for the start of your trip. Overnight stay in four-star Istanbul hotel.
day 2: The trip begins this morning with a full day tour of Istanbul. Lying across two continents, you'll visit the 17th-century Blue Mosque, the Aya Sofya museum, and explore the former residence of the Ottoman Sultans at Topkapi Palace before ending at the famous Hippodrome. Overnight stay in four-star Istanbul hotel; breakfast provided.
day 3: You depart Istanbul this morning for the drive to Gallipoli where you will receive a fully guided tour of this World War I battlefield site. The tour will include the Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair memorials, ANZAC Cove, Johnston Jolly as well as The Nek and Gallipoli Museum. There will also be chance to see the original trenches and tunnels used during the war before we head to our hotel in Canakkale. Overnight stay in four-star Canakkale hotel; breakfast and dinner provided.
day 4: This morning you make the short drive to the ancient city of Troy. You then continue your drive south to the acropolis of Pergamum. A former kingdom, enjoy a full tour of the site including the Temple of Trajan and the famous library, which is believed to have rivalled the library of Alexandria and helped shape Pergamum into a renowned cultural and political centre. Overnight stay in four-star Kusadasi hotel; breakfast and dinner provided.
day 5: After breakfast this morning you travel to the ancient Roman site of Ephesus. As well as visiting the Temple of Artemis and the house of the Virgin Mary, there is plenty of time to explore the ancient marble streets of this ruined Roman city. In the afternoon you have the opportunity to learn about the history of carpet weaving in Turkey as you visit one of the local villages where the art is practiced. Overnight stay in four-star Kusadasi hotel; breakfast and dinner provided.
day 6: You travel east this morning to Pamukkale, site of the well-known white calcium terraces known as Travertines. You then head to the ancient city of Hierapolis to enjoy a dip in the hot thermal pools lodged amongst ancient columns left by the Romans who used the pools for their therapeutic powers. Overnight stay in five-star Pamukkale hotel; breakfast and dinner provided.
day 7: Heading off in the direction of Istanbul, the tour heads through the rural Turkish countryside on the way to the ancient city of Bursa. The former capital of the Ottoman Turks, we will visit the ornately decorated Green Mosque and explore the bustling streets of the Silk Bazaar before returning to Istanbul in the afternoon. Overnight stay in four-star Istanbul hotel; breakfast and dinner provided.
day 8: Your time is free today for some last minute sightseeing and shopping in Istanbul before being transferred to the airport for your flight home.
July 6, July 20, August 3, August 17, August 31, and September 14 (£364 per Person). *Price per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
- Flights aren't included to Istanbul airport, but are available with easyJet, Ryanair, and more.
- A 24-hour airport arrival and departure transfer service is provided.
- Minimum age for the tour is 12.
- A £230 supplement applies for single travellers wishing to guarantee themselves a private room; this is not required from single travellers happy to share a room with someone of the same sex.
- Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge on firstname.lastname@example.org.
"A richly historical land with some of the best cuisine you will ever taste, one of the world’s greatest cities and scenery from white-sand beaches to soaring mountains."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Flights not included
- All transport and transfers included
- Bookings must be made via the traveller information form detailed on your voucher
- Voucher priced per person based on double occupancy
- Voucher valid for 1 person only
- Voucher valid for date selected only
- Must have a valid Passport in order to travel
- Guarantee of single room incurs a supplement of £230 (payable directly to merchant
- Voucher includes: Eight-Day Tour of Turkey (£364 Per Person), Including:, Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airport to Hotel and Itinerary Destinations, Seven Nights of Double-Occupancy Accommodations, Seven Breakfasts and Five Dinners, English-Speaking Tour Guides, Monument Entrance Fees and Hotel Fees Included, Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy, Tour Includes Istanbul, Gallipoli, Canakkale, Troy, Ephesus, Kusadasi, Hierapolis, and Bursa
- Voucher excludes: International flights (available on request); Visa fees (allow £10); Travel insurance (available on request), Guide/driver tips, Any other non-mentioned items
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- You may cancel your voucher within 7 days of purchase and receive a full refund provided it has not been redeemed. After this period, Merchant cancellation policy applies. See traveller information form for details
- Please contact 0800 0886002 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 14, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 14, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 14, 2013 • Enjoy By September 14, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 35% savings