Pharaohs, Tombs, and Pyramids in Enchanting Egypt
Encounters Travel •
- Nine-Day Tour of Egypt (£279 to £312 Per Person), Including:
- Start Dates on April 27, May 11, August 10, September 7 and 21, and October 5, 12, 19, and 26
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airport to Hotel and Itinerary Destinations
- Eight Nights of Double-Occupancy Accommodations
- Eight Breakfasts, Two Lunches, and Four Dinners
- English-Speaking Egyptologist Tour Guides Throughout
- Hotel Fees and Tipping Kitty Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
- Tour Includes Cairo, Giza, The Sphinx, Great Pyramids, Aswan, Nile Cruise, and Luxor
When it comes to exploring exotic locations, there's nothing quite like the benefit of a local expert's wisdom. That's why we've teamed up with Encounters Travel for the Nubian Adventure Tour. This nine-day package takes in everything, from the breathtaking ancient pyramids to the natural wonder of the snaking Nile all led by English-speaking guides and an itinerary that offers a real taste of this unforgettably diverse country.
day 1: Upon touchdown into Cairo, Encounters staff will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel close to the Pyramids for the start of your trip. Overnight at four-star Cairo hotel.
day 2: The tour of Egypt begins with a trip to the Egyptian Museum in central Cairo. Home to the fantastic Tutankhamun exhibit the museum hosts many other ancient Egyptian artefacts. Following on from the museum you then make the short trip to Giza to visit the Sphinx and the great pyramids of Egypt. Overnight on sleeper train; breakfast and dinner provided.
day 3: You will arrive in Aswan and transfer to the hotel. The tour of Aswan will begin with a trip to the island temple complex of Philae visiting the impressive Aswan High Dam en-route. The rest of the day is free to explore the colourful souks and markets found in the town or watch the sunset over the river Nile. Overnight stay in four-star Aswan hotel; breakfast provided.
day 4: This morning you have the option of taking an early start for the drive to the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Abu Simbel. In the afternoon you then board a traditional Felucca boat and start a leisurely cruise along the Nile towards the temple at Kom Ombo. In the evening our facilities boat will join us with its welcome toilet and showers, and our Nubian crew will prepare a delicious evening meal. Overnight onboard Felucca cruise; breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 5: Wake up today on board your traditional Felucca and let yourself unwind as you make our way downriver. Whether you feel the urge to take a swim or just sunbathe on deck there is no better way to experience life on the river Nile. Overnight onboard Felucca cruise; breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 6: After a leisurely breakfast on-board we bid farewell to our Felucca this morning and visit the nearby temples of Kom Ombo and Edfu before continuing on north to Luxor. In the evening we have the chance to enjoy a walking tour of the beautiful Luxor Temple. Overnight stay in four-star Luxor hotel; breakfast provided.
day 7: You will cross over the river Nile early this morning to begin a tour of Luxor's West Bank. In the afternoon you will check out of the hotel and visit the enormous temple complex at Karnak on the East bank of the Nile before going back to the train station for the overnight sleeper train to Cairo. Overnight onboard sleeper train back to Cairo; breakfast and dinner provided.
day 8: You arrive back into Cairo this morning and transfer to the hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore Cairo as you choose, or you may join us on our optional Cairo city tour, or a day trip to Alexandria or Wadi Rayan and the Valley of the Whales. Overnight stay in four-star Cairo hotel; breakfast provided.
day 9: Your day is free until departure for Cairo airport. Breakfast provided.
April 27 (£279 per Person), May 11 (£279 per Person), August 10 (£292 per Person), September 7 (£292 per Person), September 21 (£292 per Person), October 5 (£312 per Person), October 12 (£312 per Person), October 19 (£312 per Person), October 26 (£312 per Person). *Price per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
- Flights to Cairo airport are not included, but are available with British Airways, Egypt Air, and more (not included).
- A 24-hour airport arrival and departure transfer service is provided.
- Minimum age for the tour is 12.
- An £89 supplement applies for single travellers wanting a private room, though it may be possible to pair up single travellers at no additional cost if you wish.
- Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge on firstname.lastname@example.org—be sure to quote the tour name.
"The land that gave birth to the first great civilisation needs little introduction. The pyramids, the minarets, the Nile—the scope of Egypt is magnificent."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Flights not included (available on request from merchant)
- All transport and transfers included
- Bookings must be made via the traveller information form detailed on your voucher
- Voucher priced per person based on double occupancy
- Voucher valid for 1 person only
- Voucher valid for date selected only
- Must have a valid Passport in order to travel
- Guarantee of single room incurs a supplement of £89 (payable directly to merchant
- Voucher includes: Nine-Day Tour of Egypt (£279 to £312 Per Person), Including: Round-Trip, Ground Transportation from Airport to Hotel and Itinerary Destinations, Eight Nights of Double-Occupancy Accommodations, Eight Breakfasts, Two Lunches and Four Dinners, English-Speaking Tour, Guides Throughout, Hotel Fees, Tipping Kitty, Priced per Person, Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print), Tour Includes Cairo, Giza, The Sphinx, Great, Pyramids, Aswan, Nile Cruise, and Luxor
- Voucher excludes: International flights (available on request from merchant); Visa fees (allow £10); Monument Entrance Fees (allow approx. £65), Travel insurance (available on request), Guide tips, Any other non-mentioned items
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- You may cancel your voucher within 7 days of purchase and receive a full refund provided it has not been redeemed. After this period, Merchant cancellation policy applies. See traveller information form for details
- Please contact 0800 0886002 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 5, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 11, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 5, 2014 • Enjoy By November 5, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 35% savings