Where Lush Jungle Meets the White-Sand Beaches: Manuel Antonio
Hotel Byblos Resort and Casino • Puntarenas, Costa Rica
- A Four-Night Stay for Two in a Bungalow with a $100 Food Credit ($449)
- A Five-Night Stay for Two in a Bungalow with a $120 Food Credit ($559)
- A Six-Night Stay for Two in a Bungalow with a $140 Food Credit ($669)
- Or, a Seven-Night Stay for Two in a Bungalow with a $160 Food Credit ($779)
- Full Daily Breakfast for Two
- Two Drinks Per Person Per Day
Costa Rica's reputation as an eden for eco-tourism is well deserved. More than 500,000 species—roughly four-percent of the planet's total—are represented within its borders, making this Central American nation Earth's most biodiverse. Though the country contains 20 nation parks, it owes its eco-cred to the smallest among them: Manuel Antonio. This 1,700-acre rain forest packs an eye-popping punch with flashy-feathered toucans, wild beaches, and stands of bamboo reaching 30 feet high. Among its most famous residents are iguanas, sloths, and squirrel monkeys, which Lonely Planet calls "the cutest fur balls you have ever seen."
If it wasn't for the delightfully cool air conditioning and the cable TV and in-room refrigerator and microwave, you'd swear you were living in the trees instead of the wistfully eco-friendly bungalows of Hotel Byblos Resort & Casino, a boutique adventure resort located on the fringe of the forest in beautiful Manuel Antonio. Natural teak-wood furnishings, wood-beam ceilings, and earthy clay tiles blend seamlessly into the natural rainforest that blooms outside your elevated private balcony—which you may want to keep open, so the soft Costa Rican breezes can waft over your king or queen bed outfitted in high-thread-count linens and orthopedic mattresses.
Costa Rica is an adventurer's paradise, and on-site thrills at Hotel Byblos are no exception. Take a chance on the floor games and slot machines at the on-site casino, or dive into the clear waters of the outdoor swimming pool surrounded by jungle. With activities coordinated by the hotel, you'll have your pick of ways to experience what the locals call pura vida—the good life. Race across the beach on a horseback ride, zip-line above the lush canopy, or dive beneath the surface on a snorkeling or dolphin watching excursion. For a slower yet equally indulgent pace, treat yourself to a bevy of sensuous body treatments at nearby Cala Spa. Regardless, you'll have stories galore as you gather round the dinner table at the resort's poolside bistro or sports bar.
"The views from the hills overlooking Manuel Antonio are spectacular, the beaches (especially those inside the national park) are idyllic, and its rainforests are crawling with howler, white-faced, and squirrel monkeys, among other forms of wildlife."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and December 15, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations or with any other offers or promotions
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests; up to 1 additional guests may be added based on availability and at an additional cost of $25 per person per day
- Drinks do not include premium brand liquors and are only valid for two adults 18 and older
- Wi-Fi and parking included
- Room upgrades, early/late check-in available; please inquire with merchant at time of booking reservation
- 13% Costa Rica Government Tax and resort fees are not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Blackout date(s): November 23-30
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 15, 2013 • Enjoy By December 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms