Boutique Luxury in Carmel-by-the-Sea
La Playa Carmel • Carmel, CA
- A Minimum Two-Night Stay for Two in a Village Room (Priced per Night)
- Or, a Minimum Two-Night Stay for Two in an Ocean View Room (Priced per Night)
- Daily Champagne Breakfast for Two
- Book Unlimited Nights for an Extended Stay
Carmel, just south of Monterey on California's Central Coast, got its sea legs as a retreat for painters, poets, actors, and other artists seeking inspiration by the sea. And inspiration they got: Ancient-looking cypress trees stand atop sheer cliffs that plunge into the ocean, with red-and-green bluffs overlooking sprawling swaths of perfect beach punctuated by kites and bounding dogs. Take it from the artists who retreated to Carmel in the early 20th century: This is about as close to a fairy tale as real life gets.
Just two blocks from the beach, La Playa Carmel sits amid the town's poshest residential neighborhood. Done up in stately stone and Spanish tile—with a swimming pool and immaculately manicured gardens of chrysanthemums, petunias, and magnolia trees adorning the property—this boutique hotel recalls its turn-of-the-century roots with mint-condition period furnishings and stained glass.
But after a recent $3.5 million renovation, La Playa Carmel delivers a decidedly modern hospitality experience. Airy and bright, with a cottage-by-the-beach feel to them, each of the 75 uniquely decorated rooms features an ultra-plush bed with pillow-top mattress, a flat-screen TV, and high-speed Wi-Fi. In the morning, the hotel treats each guest to a sumptuous gourmet breakfast of pastries, fruits, juices, hot entrées, and made-to-order specialties, all prepared with local and seasonal ingredients.
For picturesque ocean views and a bit of Carmel history, hop onto Scenic Road, which winds its way through town and past a number of noteworthy homes, including a Frank Lloyd Wright house built in 1948. Then, take a leisurely stroll down to Carmel Beach, named one of the top ten beaches in the country.
For a taste of the town's roots, head to the Carmel Art Association, where several galleries are filled with works by more than 120 local artists. And for an actual taste of the region, head six blocks away to Scheid Vineyards for a flight of local wine.
"Staff was excellent, and the grounds were stunning and immaculate. Just a short walk to the beach and the center of Carmel. Already looking forward to my next stay there!"-- Hotels.com
the fine print
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; guest must be 21+ in age to check-in
- Reservation Name must match the name on the traveler's photo identification, which must be presented at check-in. Bookings are nontransferable.
- Escapes Bookings are only valid for the date(s) purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates; Escapes Bookings are subject to forfeiture
- Escapes Bookings expire on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email. You must redeem your Escapes Booking on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email
- Valid for up to 2 guests
- Taxes/resort fees not included and payable to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the hotel property are not included
- No refunds allowed
- Not valid on existing reservations or room block stays
- Escapes Bookings must be used in a single visit and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
- Other conditions apply
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
detailsLocated on the Village side of the property these rooms feature 1 King or 1 Queen bed. Max Occupancy: 2room rates from $village room$ $300 avg/night
detailsLocated on the Village side of the property these rooms feature 1 King or 1 Queen bed. These rooms feature views of the Ocean and spectacular gardens of La Playa Carmel. Max Occupancy: 2room rates from $ocean view room$ $345 avg/night
(includes taxes and fees)